PLEASE HELP Cannot find board

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I see several problems:
  1. I see no useful information on who might be the manufacturer.
  2. The boards appear to have a "customization" area with add on components.
  3. Boards with through hole components are rarely produced in any quantity for more than a decade.
I think you chances of success may lie between slim and none. OTOH one of our members might recognize the boards and be able to help.

Manta_moose

Joined May 23, 2022
I see several problems:
  1. I see no useful information on who might be the manufacturer.
  2. The boards appear to have a "customization" area with add on components.
  3. Boards with through hole components are rarely produced in any quantity for more than a decade.
I think you chances of success may lie between slim and none. OTOH one of our members might recognize the boards and be able to help.
thanks so much any input helps
I know the exact item it came out of just not sure where to find it or how to identify

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
thanks so much any input helps
I know the exact item it came out of just not sure where to find it or how to identify
The original manufacturer may no longer be in business under their original name. In the best case the business would have been sold or acquired in which case it may still be possible to find spare parts. I'd be really surprised if there was a source for these boards that was not connected or associated with the original manufacturer.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
@Manta_moose
I think you may be not interpreting this thread the same way that I am, so will summarize what I've read in my own words (and expound):
  • The board has no meaningful identifying marks, making it impossible or extremely difficult to find a replacement for the entire board..
  • Therefore, the best way to move forward is to fix the board you have rather than replacing it.
  • In either case, we need more information to be of any help. about the source of the board, its function, its malfunction, etc.
What you're being asked for, in more specific terms, is:
  • What equipment did this board come out of?
    • Manufacturer
    • Model
    • Date
  • Do you have any documentation at all?
    • Board level schematics?
    • System level schematics?
    • Users manual?
    • Anything at all is more information than we have right now, and we have right now insufficient information to offer any help at all.
  • What are its inputs and outputs?
  • What is its purpose? What is it supposed to do?
  • What is it not doing?
  • What components are on the board? Please post pics (or a picture, if that is the issue moderation has - unlcear). It seems maybe you already did, and they were deleted by moderation. Find out why, and post this information in a format less likely to be scrubbed for noncompliance.
  • What happened to cause the board to be not doing whatever it is supposed to be doing? Or what events took place around the same time? Was there an overvoltage incident? Board get installed incorrectly? Board got wet? Kid shoved a fork into it? Did anything else die around the same time? Was the bilge pump running when it failed? Or was it already not working when you bought the boat? Any info about the circumstances leading up to and surrounding its demise, even if seemingly unrelated, may be valuable clues.