Please help about cellular generators

beeson18

Joined Apr 2, 2008
I've been looking about cellular generators, but couldn't find one. Does anyone know how the generator operates when used on a communication network. The network can be a UHF Cellular network. Thanks in advance.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not sure I understand the terminology of your post.

In English:

The term generator refers to a piece of rotating machinery used to generate electrical power. The frequency range is 50-60 Hz for terrestrial generators and 400 Hz. for aircraft applications.

The term transmitter refers to a piece of electronic equipment used to create an RF signal which can be fed to an antenna and used for voice or data communications.

You mentioned UHF so I'm thingking you meant cellular transmitter. Is that correct?

beeson18

Joined Apr 2, 2008
Thank you very much for responded. I meant in term of communication network. is generator = transmitter? If they are. please tell me how it oparate. Many thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
OK. The piece of equipment on the cell tower knows how to send and receive to your handset. It also knows how to communicate with other cell towers in its vicinity. If you are moving it knows when your signal gets weak, how to hand you off to another tower where the signal is stronger.

beeson18

Joined Apr 2, 2008
Thanks again for help. Do you know anywhere I can get further information about it, because I need to write on my assignment. Cheers