please give answer of this question

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
AC is generally more dangerous because it can cause fibrillation of your heart if the AC current passes through the chest (a few mA of current can do that).
DC does not generally cause fibrillation (a large DC pulse is actually generated by defibrillators to restart a heart).

But either AC or DC can give you a nasty feeling shock if the voltage is high enough.
Anyone who's ever accidentally touched the HV B+ DC in a old tube amplifier can attest to that, as well as anyone who's ever contacted the main's voltage.
Both of those occurrences will remind you to never do that again. :eek:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
....And as in your case Mains voltage being 230vac, it needs extra precautions, I have had a couple of experiences with 240vac and NOT pleasant.
(Assuming South Asia from your name).
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have been firmly connected to 450VDC and 120 VAC. Both events were from one hand to the other, across my heart. In both cases, my brain was blanked for some small amount of time and when I resumed being able to think, I had serious difficulty commanding some muscles to move so I could get loose from the current. Which is more dangerous? Neither one. They would both be fatal if they were a bit more severe than what actually happened to me.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Modern defibrillators are biphasic and could be loosely described as AC?
Loosely.
But it's of a frequency and amplitude such as to reset (reboot?) the heart and restart the normal sinus rhythm.
They probably use a bipolar pulse since one polarity may be better at reseting the heart than the other so they do both.

The AC line frequency is such that it interferes with the sinus rhythm, causing instability (fibrillation).
(It's interesting that the heart beat is only conditionally stable and can become unstable from the right interference voltage or trauma, such as a heart attack. Kind of scary if you think about it. :eek:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
(It's interesting that the heart beat is only conditionally stable and can become unstable from the right interference voltage or trauma, such as a heart attack. Kind of scary if you think about it. :eek:)
It's working
...so far.:D

But yeah, it's scary how many ways you can stop a heart.