Please explain (SYS) System Load Connection

Ja Jang Myeon

Joined Nov 2, 2018
Greetings and Happy New Year All... I've attached a PNG file that shows a Maxim Integrated Evaluation Kit diagram in which there is a symbol for SYS. Previously in the document the symbol is defined as System Load Connection (circled in red). I see this in a number of Maxim Integrated's documents and to be completely honest I don't know what that means.Can someone please explain what this refers to? And while we're at it, what do all the arrow boxes with IN references. This diagram just seriously confuses the heck out of me. Thank you in advance!
Actual document is located at https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/MAX14690EVKIT.pdf
Untitled.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi JJ,
Welcome to AAC.
Look thru this additional datasheet.
The [IN>--- ] boxes are connected to the [IN>--] boxed of the same name.

The SYS is the SYSTEM power supply

I agree, the datasheet is very limited.!
E

Attachments

Ja Jang Myeon

Joined Nov 2, 2018
Thank you so much!
Can I assume that the SYS can be something like the 5VDC supplied by a USB connector?
Or maybe even the output of something like the MAX1806 LDO?

As for the [IN>--] symbols. I think I see; they are a way of keeping form having circuit lines go all over the place? If so, and I may be the only one who thinks so, but I'd rather have lines I can trace and read rather than these boxed symbols. Whining, I know.

Ja Jang Myeon

Joined Nov 2, 2018
Many thanks Eric! I received the MAX14690-EVKIT in the mail as a promo and was trying to figure if there was anything I could do with it. Other than blow it up by hooking it up wrong to the old programmable DC power supply. Cute little but would appear not do anything for me right now.