Please advice me on my electrical dilema so i don't get fried..

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Why do you gave to touch the outlet box to plug something into it?

With the strip as suggested by someone, you would only need to plug into the outlet once. Wear rubber soled shoes, keep one hand in your pocket, and don’t do it when the floor is wet.

Bob

elf4o

Joined Apr 9, 2022
Outlet box is not fixed into the wall its floating in space, so i need to touch in order to plug my apc extender,

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
An experienced electrician follows the electrical code.
Your medical experience tells you that people who carefully observe safety rules rarely end up in a hospital.
There is a systematic way of diagnosing the existing condition and correctly installs and tests new installation. He will be confident
about not having any injury. It requires training, experience and qualifications. The only responsible advice I can give.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1563124803663/

Last edited:

elf4o

Joined Apr 9, 2022
An experienced electrician follows the electrical code.
Your medical experience tells you that people who carefully observe safety rules rarely end up in a hospital.
There is a systematic way of diagnosing the existing condition and correctly installs and tests new installation. He will be confident
about not having any injury. It requires training, experience and qualifications. The only responsible advice I can give.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1563124803663/
i dont plan to became a electrician , only to charge my car battery with my ctek car battery charger and plugin my apc outlet into another socket, i dont plan to do any modification of the installation etcs...
it can happen to anybody..

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Indeed Max is correct. In an isolated circuit there will be no current flowing if a grounded person grabs either conductor, and so there would be no shock, either. The fact is that a GFCI will provide no protection for an isolated circuit where there exists no shock hazard.
But in most parts of the world one side of the distribution mains is tied to earth ground, and so there is no isolation and the "Hot" wire does pose a potential shock hazard

elf4o

Joined Apr 9, 2022
Socket was missing, ground so i bought gloves and i am fine i used gloves to connect my apc to this bad socket.. now i charge my battery fine.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I will be quite interested in seeing a much clearer photo of the actual outlet installation. Also, what part of the world this is. The electrical looks a bit different from what I see in the USA.

elf4o

Joined Apr 9, 2022
Electric socket its in Europe - BG , from where i know that its missing ground my apc smart socket recognized that it missing ground...
i will upload picture here of the socket which i am allowed to use, i also attach photo of my apc where it shows that ground is not there its missing... or bad.

I am happy from the die electric gloves they are certificed around 25$ so i trust them.

Attachments

Last edited:

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
Electric socket its in Europe - BG , from where i know that its missing ground my apc smart socket recognized that it missing ground...
i will upload picture here of the socket which i am allowed to use, i also attach photo of my apc where it shows that ground is not there its missing... or bad.

I am happy from the die electric gloves they are certificed around 25$ so i trust them.
Two things,
no one here is legally responsible if you do have injuries , or have them caused to others by this power

I assume as its a garage, its well ventilated, but a second area, if you charring lead acid batteries, they can gas,
and give off hydrogen, which is an explosive,
The charger / battery design should stop this ,
but if it does happen, think fuel air explosive, not nice.

https://jmvh.org/article/munitions-thermobaric-munitions-and-their-medical-effects/

elf4o

Joined Apr 9, 2022
Garage is well ventilated and open when i charge batteries.
Also car is completely stop so no fuel leak...... i have charged many of my car batteries and friends batteries in my home in the past..

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Current electric vehicles do not use lead/acid batteries In addition, the TS is not doing high powered charging. And besides that, the area is large and well vented. So we do not need any fearmongering here.