PLC terminals help?

Loz2212

Joined Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys - I've got a Mitsubishi FX-24MR PLC that I'd like to check the terminal configuration. I'm new and learning the ropes here so I'd appreciate feedback.

I can see the top left-side (if looking at the plc the right way up) has the power input (230VAC) - as for the 24v and 0v... is that my control input (separate 24v supply required?) or is it internally transformed and rectified to be an output? I understand I want the S/S connected up to sink (0v) so I'll link it with my DC 0v and am I right in thinking the RUN is connected to 24vdc to start the PLC..? I'll just link that across if so, so the PLC runs on start.

Thank you. I hope that made sense.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Your 24v internal supply is shown at the top row, you connect either the S/S to 0v or 24v depending on version you want.
The manual should tell you the status for run, the version I use the FXon-24MR-ES and is set at programming time as to whether it is in run or not.
I may have the manual for your version, will check.
Do you have the cable and S/W for it?
Also a very good book for the Mits is PLC Programming by John Ridley.
Max.

Loz2212

Joined Oct 9, 2018
Hi Max - thank you for the reply.

That makes perfect sense. So you link the 24v or 0v to the S/S to change between sinking and sourcing.

I do also have the FXon-24MR lol... I purchased 2 very cheap at the same time.

I don't have any manuals unfortunately but I'll probably be able to dig them out online.

I still need the cables. I had a rs232 but it's different on both of these.

Thank you.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The RUN appears to require a link or switch from RUN to +24v if in sink mode, (see below)
The cable is a special, I made my own up from the schematic, or they may be cheap on ebay.
What about S/W?
Max.

upload_2019-4-17_14-3-36.png

Loz2212

Joined Oct 9, 2018
Thanks Max - I've just realised there is also a switch tucked behind the pull down tab which sets the stop and run modes... what an idiot I am.

I've also purchased a cheap £13 cable off eBay and already have GXWorks2 and GX Developer on my laptop. Bought it last week.

Thanks.