pickit 2 and pic24fj

franklin62

Joined May 18, 2015
Hello,
Sorry if my english is not very good I'm not english..
I'm working on a pic24fj64ga002 and I am not able to program it. Is it really possible and if it possible, could you show me what shematic use because mine don't work..
Thank you in advance

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
This shows enough of the ICSP (In-Circuit-Serial-Programming) connection to tell you how to connect it:

(Sorry for such a huge image)

Don't forget this is a 3.3v device. Powering it with more than that could damage it--Make sure your PICkit2 is set to 3.3V mode, not 5V mode.

Doing this from memory, so hopefully someone else can verify what I'm saying :p

franklin62

Joined May 18, 2015
I think I have follow the instruction, I have the same connexions to the icsp that the picture of derstrom8. But when I connect my pickit2 to icsp I obtain the following answer : no device detected. Ensure proper capacitance on vddcore/vcap pin..
And yes I'am on 3.3v with my pickit2.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This happens when some windows task or applet interferes with the USB ports. I had a similar problem with a PICKit 3 initially. I used CCleaner to disable programs that were run on startup and found it was a piece of Dell crapware.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The PICkit 2 has a standalone program that can be used to program and verify a part, and also to troubleshoot the PICkit itself.

Most times when I can't get mine to connect I've swapped the data and clock lines.