PIC Serial programming issue

The Night Whisper

Joined Apr 3, 2016
Dears my friends
I've built so many PIC16F84A serial programmer with and without external power supply but none of them where succeed and I don't know why.

I've used so many programmers like PICPgm Programmer,WinPic800 and icprog
at the end of programming process I get a verification error message except for PICPgm i get a message "PIC not detected" , (i tried to upload photos but i couldn't doit)
so pls if any one having a SCHEMATIC OF WORKING SERIAL PROGRAMMER CCT FOR PIC16F84A PLS SHARE IT WITH ME

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Unless intending to going to later pic's I definitely prefer the Pickit2, it not only has the Pickit 2 stand alone PGM but is Very much less finicky when connecting and also does not need to load the chip type when changing over.
I have both and will use older Pic's where possible.
Max.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
This is the problem it's 2018 there has not been a laptop or pc that you pickup at the local stores made it the last 8 years
that has a comport that can work a serial programmer.
Get a pickit2 or 3 there less then $11 dollars the clones of the pickit3 work great if you power the chip.

The pickit2 is great for older chips and handy for fixing baseline chips that you forget to save the osc settings.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I don't think the pickit3 supports the old pic16f84a... I'm sure I have read it somewhere.. Either that or the pic16f628a..

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I stand corrected!!... Its the MPLAB v8 and pickit2, that doesn't support the pic16f84a.. but the standalone programmer does... Thanks John..