PIC Microcontroller Programming help

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
The PIC codes is written by a qualified software programmer and is very well commented. It also looks a lot like something that is used inside some sort of commercial product that communicate using the AC mains.

How did you find the piece of code in the first place?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Maybe he found the answer on another forum. When he posted it I had a search and the question had been posted to another 3 or 4 forums.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
He had completely deleted the same posting on various forums and seek help of moderator of one forum to remove the attachment too. That moderator cited the reason being some copyright issues.

Barnaby Walters

Joined Mar 2, 2011
Just out of interest… How could you tell it was written by a professional? You seemed very certain (and suitably suspicious!) in your first post.

Thanks,
Barnaby

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
As I can remember the code was well documented. And this could not have been done by the OP. I suspect withloveshyam. Is a student and someone in his class found out and threaten to tell his teacher.....

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
Just out of interest… How could you tell it was written by a professional?
The assembly code has several #if..#else..#elseif constructs which mostly used only by professional to cater their code for different occasions like debugging options.

This along with the detailed concise commenting led me to the conclusion the code is done by someone professional.

Barnaby Walters

Joined Mar 2, 2011
Ok, that makes sense. When you replied with such certainty I initially thought that you or someone you knew had written the code, and you were trying to figure out where this chap had got it from!

Thanks,
Barnaby