"Phantom" member -- possible bug/security issue?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends...

Although I received an alert to the effect that member @ARTS 'is now following you' (as of Tuesday Apr 19 -- 5:22 AM CDT), said user would seem to be invalid (e.g. attempting to follow the 'profile page' link on the 'quick-navigation popup' returns the following message:
All About Circuits - Error
This user's profile is not available.
Nor is 'ARTS' recognized as a valid user via search nor inline reference (i.e. via "@username")

ARTS is not shown in my 'followers list' and my 'followers count' is consistent with the number of shown followers... That said - 'hovering' over 'follow' on the 'quick-navigation popup' generates a 'balloon' advising that:
ARTS is following you
thus it would not appear mere issue of a 'rescinded follow'...

Please advise ASAP

Best regards
HP

Edit --- Following posting of the above, I notice that clicking on @ARTS triggers the 'quick-navigation popup' for said user --- even so, said user is not recognized while entering the inline reference (tag) - nor by any other feature of this site (available to myself)...

Edit 2 --- Thread title edited for compliance:)

Thanks!:)

Last edited:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
It's simple: "ARTS" was our old friend RK, trying to defeat the permanent ban placed on him by sneaking back in under another username. After starting a couple of his customarily whacky threads, staff deleted his account along with the threads.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
It's simple: "ARTS" was our old friend RK, trying to defeat the permanent ban placed on him by sneaking back in under another username. After starting a couple of his customarily whacky threads, staff deleted his account along with the threads.
It appears that user has set their profile to private or was banned.
Thank you for the clarification!:)

By the way, did the following warning show up when you created this thread? Just want to confirm if it's working or not.
The message did not appear --- That said, please be advised that I first entered said text to the 'body field' (for the benefit of spell correction) then moved it to the 'title field' via 'cut and paste' -- Perhaps 'paste' inadvertently circumvents said message?

Again many thanks!
HP:)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In the pop-up, you can see that the username has strikethrough.
This is an indication that the user is banned.

Bertus

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hello,

In the pop-up, you can see that the username has strikethrough.
This is an indication that the user is banned.

Bertus
Hi, @bertus -- Thanks for your reply!:)

Please be advised that no 'strike-through' is apparent (despite forum style settings):confused: -- Please see the attached screen-captures (below):

Original style:

OriginalStyle.jpg

New Style:

NewStyle.jpg

Best regards
HP

Last edited: