phantom 3 advanced drone need your expert advise to add stuff

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
my goal is to add a 2ch transmitter and reciver i have purchased 1000m rang trans & reciver unit from ebay ,now am wanting to add maybe a car horn on it and led lights.

1: can you suggest what batteries i can use lightwigh to make car 12v battery work.
2: can u tell me what device to use to make this work.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
What is the maximum weight the drone can carry? Methinks a car horn would prevent lift-off :( .
That would sum things up. The drone just like an airplane can only lift so much. Everything which is added and powered will be weight and draw on the drones battery. If an additional battery is added for other purposes then there is more weight. There will always be a trade off because as was covered in another thread you can't get something for nothing. You will always be trading lift or flight time for something as that is how it works.

My neighbor had his out yesterday evening and my wife saw it (actually heard it first) for the first time. He had a nice high end one which he sold and got this one. The thing is really cool. Think I'll start working on a electronically guided missile to shoot it down. :) This story comes to mind:
After neighbor shot down his drone, Kentucky man files federal lawsuit.

Seriously, the new models out there are incredible and I am so tempted but as my wife can attest I have several hobbies and none of which are inexpensive. I really do not want to push my luck. Anyway the end result is the drone has limitations and you need to work within your limitations.

Ron

Lumenosity

Joined Mar 1, 2017
I have this drone. Keep in mind that the heavier it is, the shorter the flight time.

That said, I am completely enamored with the fact that I can now get overhead (aerial) crystal clear video or photographic snapshots of nearly any public location.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have this drone. Keep in mind that the heavier it is, the shorter the flight time.

That said, I am completely enamored with the fact that I can now get overhead (aerial) crystal clear video or photographic snapshots of nearly any public location.
A few years back, maybe 5 years, the local news ran a video featuring a local warehouse fire and I noticed the video quality was really good. They gave credit ad the video was shot by a guy living close to the fire using a drone. My wife retired from a small independent TV station and still kieeps in touch. Friday night HS Football is a big deal and since she retired a drone has been added to their systems. When used right drones have their place, when used in the wrong ways they can spell problems. Case in point the guy in Kentucky who shot one down. :) There is a reason people put up privacy fences and in a day and age when we are out in public we are constantly under video surveillance, as an example downtown Cleveland or any major city. Therefore people tend to place a value on the privacy of their own back yards. Not that a satellite isn't watching. :)

Ron