PCB board for wine cooler help

icemanpdx

Joined Apr 6, 2022
hello everyone. Newbie here. I was looking online trying to get info or troubleshoot this circuit board for a thermoelectric wine cooler. Working on a friends cooler, and brought by refrigeration gauges with me but its a thermo electric cooler. Only worked on a few of them Hoping someone can help before I just guess and swap on the board. The bottom Module is working, case is cooling but the top section isn't working. I don't have 12 volts coming out of the board going to the cooler fins. I have 12 volts on the bottom coming out of the board on the bottom cooler but nothing coming out of the PCB for the top part. Can anyone help? Where do I check that the thermostat or sensor is calling for cooling on the board? Fans running so assuming I have power going into the board not coming out. Its a Kalorik wine cooler. Thanks for your help

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Both boards look identical, so you can check the voltage coming in to the pcb across the two large black capacitors,and the 16 pin chip, which is probably a TL494.

These are switchmode PSUs which convert mains AC down to low voltage DC, and can be a nightmare to repair.

icemanpdx

Joined Apr 6, 2022
Both boards look identical, so you can check the voltage coming in to the pcb across the two large black capacitors,and the 16 pin chip, which is probably a TL494.

These are switchmode PSUs which convert mains AC down to low voltage DC, and can be a nightmare to repair.
Ya that what i was looking for :) Thanks