Part missing on the connector, How to fix that?

Nikita666

Joined Apr 11, 2020
As you know this is a flat cable connector, there is a part missing on the connector.
The part that missed is the black clipse for connector locking
My question is , Can I just complete the missing part or weld a new instead?JBL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That looks like a Molex 11084 style connector. There are a lot of very similar appearing connectors. If you can find the exact one, then replacing the locking lever may be possible.

1586884516929.png

You need to examine it very carefully for details. For example,in the one shown above, the attachment feet extend very slightly past the housing. It can be soldered by had relatively easily. On many versions, the feet are hidden or only exposed on the outside, but do not extend past it. Then there are the hinges, and so forth. Measurements will be essential. Yours looks like it might be 0.5 mm spacing, but there are others.

Finally, if you do find an identical version, can you swap hinges without breaking anything.

My advice, find what you think is identical. Buy two. Try the latch from one. If that fails, replace the whole socket with the one left over.

Nikita666

Joined Apr 11, 2020
That looks like a Molex 11084 style connector. There are a lot of very similar appearing connectors. If you can find the exact one, then replacing the locking lever may be possible.

View attachment 204390

You need to examine it very carefully for details. For example,in the one shown above, the attachment feet extend very slightly past the housing. It can be soldered by had relatively easily. On many versions, the feet are hidden or only exposed on the outside, but do not extend past it. Then there are the hinges, and so forth. Measurements will be essential. Yours looks like it might be 0.5 mm spacing, but there are others.

Finally, if you do find an identical version, can you swap hinges without breaking anything.

My advice, find what you think is identical. Buy two. Try the latch from one. If that fails, replace the whole socket with the one left over.
Thanks man