Paralle Batterys in a series circuit

dablitz

Joined Sep 17, 2019
I need a little help with this one

I have 6x 18650 split into 3x2 parallel banks. I have 3x 4.2v lithium ion charge controllers. I need to put these 3 sets of 2 into a series and still keep my charging. Right now I can charge them individually but cannot connect them into a 10v circuit. would anyone be able to help me out on how I can connect these batteries together to give me the desired voltage and still maintain charging?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
For many years I have tried to figure out how to charge two 12 volt car batteries in a 24 volt series configuration and keep both batteries charged using just one 12 volt charger. I'm still a poor man. In other words, if I can ever figure that one out I'll probably be rich.

Sounds like you are trying to do something similar. If I understand your goal, I don't think it's doable without a charger capable of charging at or above the total voltage. Then, as @BobTPH said, you're going to need a battery manager.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
so your aim is 2p3s ... 6 cells , that gives aprox. from 10 to 12V ... you need a 3s BMS you will have to charge with over 14V supply

dablitz

Joined Sep 17, 2019
so your aim is 2p3s ... 6 cells , that gives aprox. from 10 to 12V ... you need a 3s BMS you will have to charge with over 14V supply
Yes that is exactly what I am trying to do. After Bob had mentioned it earlier I have been googling what I need. I have found several devices for this.