Panasonic su-ch7 speaker impedance

methizul

Joined Jul 3, 2021
Hi, I have a functioning su-ch7 that I want to connect to the computer.

I have tried connecting the audio jack 3.5 from the PC to the amplifier MIC plug but the sound is incredibly noisy and low quality.
Is there a way of connecting the sound signal from the PC to the amplifier?

If there isn't, I wanted to pair the speaker with a newer Amp that can handle this. Which kind of amp should I get? How do i check the speakers impedance?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The signal level from the pc is at least 35 times higher than the signal level from a microphone so you need to make an attenuator with 2 resistors.
The pc output is stereo but the microphone input is probably mono.

The SU-CH7 speakers are not hifi because they have a small woofer that does not produce bass frequencies and the tweeter is an ordinary little cone speaker, not a high quality dome tweeter.

methizul

Joined Jul 3, 2021
Would you reccomend this for a PC setup or I would be better with a new audio kit?

I guess I could do an attenuator and connect it. After that I can evaluate the quality

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
You did not say if you could accept mono instead of having stereo.
Try making an attenuator with a 10k resistor in series from each channel in the 3.5mm cable and joined together and feeding a 150 ohms resistor to the signal ground. Then the stereo signal will be converted into mono.

Attachments

methizul

Joined Jul 3, 2021
Thank you very much! I would try the divisor and report back.
I would certainly prefer it to be stereo but mono could also work!

However, I guess I should start looking for a new audio system in the future