Panasonic monitor help

joey22991

Joined Aug 27, 2017
This is a question for you CRT guys.

I have a 1997 PanaSync S70 15" VGA monitor that has an issue.
the video is not getting to the monitor for some reason. It has On-Screen Display and the tube starts up fine but the vga signal is discolored and dropping out. The monitor is coming on from standby and high voltage is appearing,
but there is nothing but black screen. it seems jiggling the cable at the socket makes it come in and out, so probably bad solder joint,
but I can't get the chassis apart and get to the VGA port to check it. right now it's totally blank no matter how much i wiggle the cable.
Also it is making crackling sounds when it starts, like loud arching/ crackle. nothing smokes or shorts and it starts fine but I have no video
and can't figure out how to get the neck board off to finish taking it apart. it seems locked on and I don't want to break the neck..

can someone tell me how to take it apart and check the video problem?

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My advice is to go your local electronics recycling dump and get yourself an upgrade. You should have no problem finder a 17” LED monitor or maybe better, for free. Don’t spend time fixing something that has negative value.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I agree ive picked up working LED monitors for free from the local scrap man, or you find them put out with rubbish & still work.

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi,
google it ,and some dealers provide a support. Secondly, first open up the back cover of that CRT cover.
Once it removed, you can have an access to location you wanted to see.
Concentrate from a VGA connectors pin15 and checked VGA cable continuity or resistance end to end for open lines(wire open.

Next look for any visible burned or dirty things like dust on the top of the main boards.Try to blower the dust accumulated.