output is chinesium ac

Windysolar1

Joined Nov 20, 2019
I have a wind turbine
I can buy a 600w solar inverter that takes an imput of 20vdc-60vdc which covers the turbines working voltage
the output is chinesium ac at 220v and I can run 2 of these inverters for 1000w
can i rectifie this out put with a rectifer board to dc.
output voltage is ok as long as its dc which i wish to feed into another inverter (SMA SB1200 )

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have a wind turbine
I can buy a 600w solar inverter that takes an imput of 20vdc-60vdc which covers the turbines working voltage
the output is chinesium ac at 220v and I can run 2 of these inverters for 1000w
can i rectifie this out put with a rectifer board to dc.
output voltage is ok as long as its dc which i wish to feed into another inverter (SMA SB1200 )
That sounds like a great deal of Hillbilly Tech. Why would you engage in such inefficient nonsense, when what you want is just a DC-DC converter.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
As you probably already know, Chinesium can be very unstable.

If you want to avoid the bodgery here, perhaps if you were more specific about your goal. Exactly what is it you're after? Do you have a preferred method of arriving at your goal? What equipment do you have to help achieve this? And what is your level of experience with such things?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is possible he thinks that an inverter followed by a transformer followed by a bridge rectifier and a filter is a clever way to go. If the only tool you have is hammer, then everything starts to look like a nail. Maybe he doesn't know how to shop for a DC-DC converter. Maybe he can't afford the ones that are out there. As was pointed out we never really got a set of requirements just a solution.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm still trying to figure out what "chinesium ac" is...
Anything that is not a true sinewave. Many Chinese inverters use a modified sinewave, that looks like a piecewise step function. It works -- sorta. That is why I didn't understand why he was hell bent to go through as many steps as he could imagine.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
@be80be No his was also DC. What he described was DC (20VDC-60VDC) to 220VAC, rectified back to DC then through another inverter (SMA SB1200 ). All I was trying to do was reduce the number of steps to one, hopefully reasonable conversion process. It seems that he should be looking at a DC-DC converter that will take 20-60VDC and output 310 Volts. That is actually a pretty heavy lift and I don't think it occurred to him that any conversion process he applies to the output of the wind turbine is going to produce less power out than he puts in. Sometimes it will be a WHOLE LOT LESS if you engage in magical thinking and Hillbilly Technology.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Anything that is not a true sinewave. Many Chinese inverters use a modified sinewave, that looks like a piecewise step function. It works -- sorta. That is why I didn't understand why he was hell bent to go through as many steps as he could imagine.
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up; I hadn't encountered that term before.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
He can make it easy as pie. He needs 3 components:

Humdinger
Whatchmacallit, and
Scratch.

He'll need a lot of Scratch, but I here many people can make almost anything from it. Wish I had more of it.