other options

frdfreak

Joined Sep 19, 2008
I am trying to duplicate a circuit but cannot find the op amp. When i look it up in Mouser it comes back obsolete. I have zero knowledge about circuits orwhat low supplycurrent,gain-bandwidth product,and slew rate mean. I can purchace this cable for 32 but feel i can do it cheaper and learn something in the process
. thanks frankie

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hi Frankie,
First, what is the part number of the op amp that you are looking for?

Second, the image of the cable did not post properly. Could you perhaps post a link to the page the image is on instead?

Thirdly, what does the cable have to do with the op amp?

It will help us help you better if you can describe what it is you are trying to accomplish.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007

frdfreak

Joined Sep 19, 2008
the op amp is part of a pc/if adapter that connects radioshack scanner to pc. scanner is pro 95 trunkscanner picks up 800mhz police radios

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
In that circuit, the opamp is used as a comparator, connected as an inverting level shifter. Most single supply op amps that can run down to about 10 volts total power supply voltage and swing its output within a couple of volts of the V+ rail should work as long as the slew rate is fast enough to handle your data rate. Input offset should not even a concern in this application (guessing that the incoming signal is at least a few hundred millivolts P-P, and my gues its more like 5V P-P).

Also from the datasheet, the slew rate of the original part is only 2 V/us. That's really slow, so just about anything will work as long as it meets the DC parmeters I mentioned above. The LM358 (dual) and LM324 (quad) are available everywhere and they are pretty cheap , and they should work just fine.

Last edited: