Oscillator audio connection

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
Ok , see the figure below , I made this circuit and it works as prescribed ( BEAUTIFUL) , now I want to transmit some audio . How do I connect and audio source to it ?.

Screenshot_20230116-171338.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfpint786

Joined Feb 19, 2018
The frequency will not be stable unless you add a buffer stage. Once you have a buffer stage, you could then ac couple audio into the emitter of that for a quick and dirty AM signal. Keep in mind that simple oscillators like this put out a ton of higher frequency harmonics. You should add some sort of filtering and be careful not to be transmitting where you are not licensed to transmit! If you are not a licensed ham, you will be limited to a very small amount of power on the AM broadcast band with a very short antenna.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
The frequency will not be stable unless you add a buffer stage. Once you have a buffer stage, you could then ac couple audio into the emitter of that for a quick and dirty AM signal. Keep in mind that simple oscillators like this put out a ton of higher frequency harmonics. You should add some sort of filtering and be careful not to be transmitting where you are not licensed to transmit! If you are not a licensed ham, you will be limited to a very small amount of power on the AM broadcast band with a very short antenna.
Thanks a lot.