Organization

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Since we have a lot of free time and we need to post more, I suggest adding some organization to the forum. It is currently very good, but if someone has ideas, he can suggest them here and I hope the moderators will implement some of them if possible.

Here are my ideas: A beginners guide eBook, including the projects in this forum and written in more than 1 tome. Meaning Edition 1 written by 1 person or group including the basics of electronics. Formulas for capacitors, transistors, etc with explanations on how they work and how they are built (not 100% of everything) in alphabetical order.

Edition 2 analog circuit, formulas, common circuits and tricks, power supplies, amplifiers, p, pi, pid regulators, etc.

Edition 3 embedded and microcontrollers, common PIC, common AVR, common for every microcontroller used a lot. Basic circuits, basic formulas, how they work, etc.

Edition 4, basic programming and interfaces, how they work, what needs to be clocked, where, etc.

All editions should include the suggestions and threads on the forum and be like a guide for the questions that we deal with and the basics of electronics.

The other option is to make the forum downloadable and usable as a standalone off-line program, so we can search and check for everything we need, even if something happens tomorrow.

You can put a price of 1 dollar, as your work is not for free.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Who is we?

Did you see the list of contributors to the various sections?

You can write something and suggest which chapter or suggestions a new chapter for it's location.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Who is we?

Did you see the list of contributors to the various sections?

You can write something and suggest which chapter or suggestions a new chapter for it's location.
We is everyone who posts and helps on the forum!
I have not seen the books.
But all the topics in the forum downloaded as an offline repository seems like a good idea to me? Adding an update function so we can add new topics to the offline repository is even better.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
We is everyone who posts and helps on the forum!
I have not seen the books.
But all the topics in the forum downloaded as an offline repository seems like a good idea to me? Adding an update function so we can add new topics to the offline repository is even better.
You want to download 1.2 million posts, including all of the attached content?

I don't know how big the forum database is at this point, but I'm willing to bet it is measured in gigabytes. Then AAC would have to support the channel capacity to transfer all of that data to every person that wanted to download it. Then you would need to install a suitable front end to be able to interact with the database.

Not very practical.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The better tool, in my opinion, would be some sort of compilation of useful circuits, especially the ones people come here looking for. You'll find collections of circuits at many sites but they do the opposite of what happens around here - they post a list of schematics with little or no review, context, test results, simulation files and so on. We do all of that around here and the expertise applied around here is excellent for refining and improving such circuits, but that knowledge is strewn throughout the site and hard to find. It'd be nice to have a basic collection for reference, like "start with this reference circuit and add x, y, z".

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
You want to download 1.2 million posts, including all of the attached content?

I don't know how big the forum database is at this point, but I'm willing to bet it is measured in gigabytes. Then AAC would have to support the channel capacity to transfer all of that data to every person that wanted to download it. Then you would need to install a suitable front end to be able to interact with the database.

Not very practical.
I guess the channel for download is a very bad thing. Otherwise its not a problem to download a few gigabytes, even 50GB. One movie is 5 and we can all buy 2TB disks.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
The better tool, in my opinion, would be some sort of compilation of useful circuits, especially the ones people come here looking for. You'll find collections of circuits at many sites but they do the opposite of what happens around here - they post a list of schematics with little or no review, context, test results, simulation files and so on. We do all of that around here and the expertise applied around here is excellent for refining and improving such circuits, but that knowledge is strewn throughout the site and hard to find. It'd be nice to have a basic collection for reference, like "start with this reference circuit and add x, y, z".
Yes, it would be nice. This forum is good, because there is freedom. There aren't too many regulations and you do things properly. On other places everything is controlled and you can not get any real work done, the only option you have left is to do the 1 exact thing in the 1 exact way.