Oregon Scientific LW301 weather station.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Oregon Scientific (OS) has decided to stop internet support of the subject weather station. This product has several remote sensors (temp, humidity, rain) that send data to a dedicated receiver. That receiver then connects to a LAN connected device and, through a continuously connected internet connection, the OS server. That server, via ID/Password, provides access to the data from any web browser. At least, that is how id did work. Since OS stopped the internet support, I'm looking for a way to receive the information on a local basis. Any thoughts on the subject would be most welcome.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I'm guessing you would need a software update......to change the server address. You will need server and address........one could fake it locally with software. It will depend on how your LAN unit is setup.

If LAN address can not be changed........one might use local server with original address.

If update not possible.......for the time and trouble.......buy new sensors. Wireless, with no LAN.

I am not am IT expert.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm not much of a programmer, the Pi solution seems out of reach for me. I guess the main message for me, "Watch what you buy!"

Uilnaydar

Joined Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm not much of a programmer, the Pi solution seems out of reach for me. I guess the main message for me, "Watch what you buy!"
I have quite a few iPods on the shelf that can no longer use the apps due to the "Firmware out of date" issue... At least a couple had nice tiny hard drives for me to use :)