Open loop state estimator ( Control theory-Observers)

Saitron

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Hello guys i have a question. I want to simulate on simulink this example.
1626885883762.png
and find the open loop responces from the real system and observer.
On this examples says that we must use "strong u(t) to shake the things up" :p
Does enyone know what kink of input is this?
I use step responce and pulse but i didn't take the same result.
***http://web.mit.edu/16.31/www/Fall06/1631_topic16.pdf (example page 11)

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello guys i have a question. I want to simulate on simulink this example.
View attachment 244074
and find the open loop responces from the real system and observer.
On this examples says that we must use "strong u(t) to shake the things up" :p
Does enyone know what kink of input is this?
I use step responce and pulse but i didn't take the same result.
***http://web.mit.edu/16.31/www/Fall06/1631_topic16.pdf (example page 11)
What are you having trouble with, is it Simulink or is it just trying to simulate it in general?
I dont work with Simulink but since this is a simple system you can simulate it other ways.
For example, if you can program in some language like C or other you can use Taylor's or Runge Kutta or even Eulers to print values over time or plot it if you can do graphics.

Saitron

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Its not worthing to programming all this example on another programme language. Simulink its very easy beacause you work with blocks. My question is what type of input i will use for the state space

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Its not worthing to programming all this example on another programme language. Simulink its very easy beacause you work with blocks. My question is what type of input i will use for the state space
State Space is a very general representation of a system which is not intrinsically tied to any given type of input. So really to ask a question like that is like asking what kind of signal should i input to my audio amplifier. It depends more on what it is you want to see as output. For an audio amplifier you might choose sine, square, even triangle wave. For State Space you might choose any of those too but a step input is the simplest to use as that is also then easy to use to convert the system into a transfer function and compare results from the simulation with that. So if you are still not sure, try a step wave first. If it happens to be a mostly AC system like an audio amplifier you may want to use a sine though.