Open circuit on transmission line

AndrieGnd

Joined Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys!
In terms of electricity I know what is open circuit etc .. but in terms of transmission line if I have generator connected to two transmission lines and on the end of the two lines(cable coaxial) there's a load, lets assume I didn't load the circuit (I mean at the end I disconnected the load) .. still I get current and voltage on the circuit? because in terms of electricity words if we have a disconnection on the circuit then we don't have current/voltage...

My Answer: I reckon there would be still a current and voltage, but because I'm not working on labs so I can't know .. I need to verify about that !

there's a photo describe the circuit that I'm talking about ( but in my case lets assume we disconnected the load physically)

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra...AUIECgB&biw=1242&bih=568#imgrc=OSys1jDxfR3ZFM:

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Here is a very nicely done visualization of how you might visualise the voltage travelling through the transmission line, and how reflections a discontinuities affect it. (yes this is about sound, but the way it behaves is the same with electrical transmission lines)