OpAmp virtual/relative ground - proper use

Status
Not open for further replies.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
new thread title : a virtual tool for evaluating the Spice Op.-Amp. models (see figure just below)

LM324A - Test - Std-0200.png

if there is no problems /* it is used to test **OpAmp-X's the "I/O and other zeros(signal grounds)" + unity gain -- for it's** apx./general "behaviour" */ then don't respond -- (the OpAmp-s' biasing on this figure is intuitive - to avoid some models to cause "timestep too small" error - and perhaps not fully consistent)
i however welcome all suggestions to make this virtual test tool more practical
(edited 2016.08.22 15:40 UTC)

Attachments

Last edited:

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
note: just provided as an example of how to simulate "custom models" in spice (the zip attachment -- the component model name attr.Value = model name - that is a .SUBCKT model name in .cir file , but reference to model - .cir file - is .include filename.cir)
zzz_White-LED_Flasher_4x_PZ-v2a.png
▲ an off the shelf model (some 10y old) -- moisture proof metal casing -- replaced the power switch (® weared off) -- modified case/grnd-PCB contact -- compact size (there are lot of plusses that weight out it's avg. design)
zzz_White-LED_Flasher_4x_PZ-v2cc.png
(usually the Op.Amp.s' macro models "don't like" complex and/or switching applications -- here it amazingly/so far works)
concep design that likey won't fit into the casing of above -- PPM - adjustable from R7 (to GND) only -- attempted a fixed current/luminosity v. (TLS2361 based) trying to keep the component count minimal -- would be likely better all in one chip -- this likely stays a theoretical concept
((↑↑ about trg. app.))

Attachments

Last edited:

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Deciphering Hieroglyphics seems the a walk in the park by comparison to that hot mess you posted.
-- thanks for feedback , gonna be useful for adjusting my world iterface module e.g. i gonna learn egytian and post it in a series of ducks and feathers ?
Where are you located, and what is your question?

ak
-- Eesti (borderline center @ 58º41'25.525"N 24º50'47.100"E) , ?.1 the U1 refers it's output "vG" and "random offset" both to a "physical ground" - where the ideal input ground is - ?.2 the U2 refers a signal input "vG" and a " physical ground " both to a "virtual ground" - (i don't remember why exactly such setup - this time i needed to confirm the datasheet's GBW 7MHz = Model's GBW 6MHz)
vG.Z @ oo=416.6162816µ , vG = 0
pxt.Z @ oo = -2.19230973025 , vG = -1.63850915432 , pxt = 0
**** ??? how to i get ↑↑those↑↑ grounds correct - or - ??? are they correct - coz the actual INP.GND<>OUTP.GND<>ideal.GND=(Ucc+Uee)/2

as i said i dont remember why the U2 reffers the input as it does (i have done a lot of other stuff while i last evaluated my custom LM324 models - it gave right results there . . . which i don't remember what they were or how they were) . . . say vG=GND and Ri>>Rii -- ">>" = "is much grater than" -- gives us a near K.u inverting amplification for input signal "pin" . . . ??? as i said i don't remember - so (better to go back to ****)

if you don't see anything wrong or don't see anything (includes "wrong") - then likely there is nothing to suggest.;):oops: - so - ignore this post -- it's nothing critical nor urgent o_O

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
I don't see anything right.

There are many symbols that are a triangle pointed left or right. Since these can *not* be ground symbols (all ground symbols point down), what are they?

The output of U1 has a 100 uF capacitor. No matter what you think U1 is doing, it is not doing that. The circuit cannot work.

One part of the schematic has the phrase "1 Hz (divided by) 10 GHz". What does this mean?

And, again, why are you posting this circuit? If you have a question about its performance, can you say what that question is?

ak

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
There are many symbols that are a triangle pointed left or right. Since these can *not* be ground symbols (all ground symbols point down), what are they?
A ground symbol in LTspice will be pointing to side when you place it on a horizontal wire. (not that it helps me understand anything)

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
I don't see anything right.
The output of U1 has a 100 uF capacitor. No matter what you think U1 is doing, it is not doing that. The circuit cannot work.
One part of the schematic has the phrase "1 Hz (divided by) 10 GHz". What does this mean?
And, again, why are you posting this circuit? If you have a question about its performance, can you say what that question is?
ak
Try again !
One part of the schematic has the phrase "1 Hz (up to) 10 GHz". This means the observed frequency spectrum.
What else there could be OR what there should be different -- to verify model against the main parameters on the datasheet?

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
you eighter do something or then you don't e.g. find excuses for why you shouldn't . . .

i suggest do something - you don't have to find excuses for not doing it

if you find this thread inappropriate - remove it . . . it seems i can do my stuff faster on my own ;)

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
you eighter do something or then you don't e.g. find excuses for why you shouldn't . . .

i suggest do something - you don't have to find excuses for not doing it

if you find this thread inappropriate - remove it . . . it seems i can do my stuff faster on my own ;)
Per request by Thread Starter, this thread is closed for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.