Opamp Comparator oscillating GND and VCC

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

I thought the comparators were Opamps? Seems they changed to comparators.:confused:
Anyway...Here is a sim with the comparators change to LM358's. I've also used a modulator device to ramp the input sine wave as MrAl suggested.

Measurements:
vlow: RMS(v(vin))=0.818086 FROM 0.216605 TO 1.5
vhigh: RMS(v(vin))=2.86648e-006 FROM 1.40269 TO 1.5

eT

Attachments

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I can't see any connection between the comparator package pin 4 and the power supply ground "GND"

Drawing schematics with rectangles with pin names and numbers makes if much more difficult to follow than if proper comparator symbols were used.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Drawing schematics with rectangles with pin names and numbers makes if much more difficult to follow than if proper comparator symbols were used.
Agree 100%. EagleCAD defaults to this, and it's one of the countless reasons I dislike it (Of course you can make your own packages, but that process is no fun either.)

anishkgt

Joined Mar 21, 2017
I can't see any connection between the comparator package pin 4 and the power supply ground "GND"

That was an earlier schematic which i've changed now but am unable to attach the file here. I get an error whenever i try to.

anishkgt

Joined Mar 21, 2017
i get a 2.07v at the output and the CS led lights up but when connecting it to a pin on the Arduino the voltage drops to zero.

Last edited: