Online PCB prototyping for personal projects

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I've been using itead also for my boards and I have been more than satisfied. I researched a lot of vendors and a lot of them were competitive, but I went with itead because they had a 30% discount at the time. It cost about $25 for ten 10cm x 10cm two layer boards complete with resist, silkscreen and HASL (pad tinning). Much cheaper that I could make it and their quality was superb.

I got quotes from UK suppliers and Chinese suppliers.
The Chinese were about 1/3 price of the UK.
There are plenty advertising online.
The distance doesn't seem to be a problem I get pcb's to my door in 2 weeks.

Techno Tronix

Joined Jan 10, 2015
I use BatchPCB for prototypes, they are by no means the quickest (Around a month or two for a board depending on how busy they are), but the boards are good quality. I am interested in finding any alternatives for similar a similar price, my thanks for any other information posted here!

strawbell

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for your suggestion, especially the list. But could you also list the advantages and disadvantages of the suppliers or any comparison like mcgyer said "But pcbway looks pretty good too.. more customization choices vs itead"

shirley11

Joined Jan 19, 2016
I 'm learning to make PCBs by myself too , need some boards now.
Do you bought PCB from <snip> before?
if you do ,please tell me which company is better,especially the price and the quality.
waiting for your reply

Mod note : Spamming is illegal here (permanent ban). I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but ask about the board houses they mentioned.

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

strawbell

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I'm so sorry ,Wendy , i just want to know the difference between these two manufacturers.
You mean the manufacturers I mentioned? I just received boards from PCBWay.

pcbgeek: I have used pcbgeek with success in the past. And the boards came out nicely anyway, and I got 44, 2“x2” boards for $90. That was the 200in2 service, which doesn’t give a choice for board quantity.

PCBWay: This time I got 5, 60mmx80mm boards for $13($5 cut). They have very low prices and good quality. They need 4-5 days for manufacturing the pcbs and about 20 days to ship to Europe by HK post. (They also can ship with EMS or DHL by request). On the website you can get an instant quote about the cost of your pcbs depending on the specs you want.
Hope it helps you.

Strawbell

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Cool!! I am studying on making PCBs by myself too. But until now it is a little uneasy for me. It is better if you can share some useful learning materials with me. Thanks in advance!
There two threads in the "completed projects" section on making your own PCBs. One is about the toner transfer method and the other is on photographic methods.

Maybe you can try pcbway,only use by yourself can you know whether it is good or not.For me ,i feel it good to buy pcbs in pcbway,because i just have a low volum and the price is very acceptable...by the meantime,quality is satisfying.It is just my opinion,hope it will help u .

Mr.Meter

Joined Jan 24, 2016
I have not yet tried the service myself, but I have also heard great things about SeeedStudio Fusion PCB. I plan to make an order thru them for my next project.

strawbell

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Maybe you can try pcbway,only use by yourself can you know whether it is good or not.For me ,i feel it good to buy pcbs in pcbway,because i just have a low volum and the price is very acceptable...by the meantime,quality is satisfying.It is just my opinion,hope it will help u .
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. I just received their boards! It's great!