Online C classes

dthx

Joined May 2, 2013
People learn in different ways...some are visual ...some can get it by reading.....some have to have both and also ask questions, etc...
These programming tutorials on the internet are difficult for me and I end up having more questions ....and a very time consuming task to find out what's going on..writing back and forth.
Has anyone thought about setting up a video conference meeting ....where a beginner can log on, pay a fee (credit card), and listen to a C programming class....then ask questions....is that possible....?
I can take an online University Class for many thousands of dollars....out of the question.
An enterprising person could have hundreds of people in the same virtual class at $59.95 each for say.....6 classes... or some such thing....
Am I crazy?
I live in one of those places where community college classes are non-existent....and no one in my town knows what C is....for instance...
Classes like this has got to exist....or it may not even be economically viable...
Any ideas?
D.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's funny you should mention that. I learned programming in an era where there was no internet. Free and available computer time was the only resource. We just tried things that made sense and were filled with a sense of wonderment and accomplishment when they worked. Asking questions may be overrated, unless they are question you ask yourself which sets you on a quest for answers. Never, ever, give up.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What is the target for your C programs? Can you write, test, modify and repeat your code?

I am learning Arduino C, and will write short test programs. I have immediate feedback. Then I build my main program from the little bits . I learn by experimentation.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Have have you looked into free online classes from the likes of Coursera? They offer free, online classes for pretty much whatever you might want to learn and are heavily geared toward computer science topics (though this is changing).

Other than that, doing some actual programming in tandem with learning concepts is the best way to learn the concepts. There are many programming Integrated Development Environments (IDE) of there that will help you work your environment setup.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There are also many textbooks that have online resources such as quizzes and programming exercises that give you immediate feedback.