One Button to Control Two Separate Circuits

Cdesign_A

Joined Jul 26, 2021
Hello,

I am trying to build a circuit where two separate circuits turn on with one pushbutton press. One input would be 5V and one would be a ground. Is there an easy way to do this?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Welcome to AAC.

An easy way to do this would be give us more details about what you're trying to do. At the moment I don't understand quite what you're asking for; therefore I can't give you guidance.

Again, welcome.

Cdesign_A

Joined Jul 26, 2021
Thank you for the replies. The project consists of two arduinos, one sound board, one uno. The soundboard needs to be triggered by connecting the ground to a trigger input and the arduino uno needs to be powered at the same time as the soundboard trigger button. See diagram attached, hopefully not to confusing, as I am not too experienced with diagramming.

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
If you want to control the power to two boards, use a single-pole double-throw switch, SPDT.

If you want to control a logic signal, use one button followed by an NPN transistor to invert the logic signal.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Are you talking about a momentary contact push button or a push on push off button? It makes a difference in the circuit.

Also, if it is a momentary type button, when does the power to the uno go off?

Is there a reason why the uno cannot be powered all the time, perhaps in sleep mode if power usage is an issue?

Bob