on off switch or ac power adaptor or battery operated for clock

daveym79

Joined May 25, 2017
I want to import an exisiting aluminium clock from the USA and and put an led strip light or neon floex into the inside of the clock. I have been informed that although the power supply/led light may have a CE marking (meaning i can resell within the EU) because i'm importing the main clock face and backing from the USA if adding ligting nto it I may have to have this CE certified before I would be allowed to resell thisc. I'm quite new to electronics but there is no difficulity inserting an led strip into an existing item, but due to costs of having an item CE checked in order to be given a certificate to resell may be quite costly so was then thinking of 2 AA batteries and an on/off switch. This would mean I would require a battery holder positioned onto the back of the clock and then mounting an on/off switch onto the back of the clock somewhere else. Does anyone know how to mount an on/off switch flush so the clock would look presentable. i obviously want to learn before reselling as there would be some soldering and wiring involved. I've looked at several switches but don't kow how to drill a square hole as many seem to be rectangular/square or round in shape but how are they actually mounted so they are rigid and don't fall out say if placed onto the back plastic of a clock?

Sorry for sounding quite basic but I'm new to all of this but if using an AC adapter with led strip or neon flex it would have been far easier so thinking of alternative solutions.