NRF24L01P with minimum configurations

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
I want to get better on understanding and documenting datasheets, I gave myself a target to setup NRF24L01P without seeing any example code and just by learning from datasheet.

As we start things from most simple setup, I planned to setup only two devices, device A as sender (PTX) device B as receiver (PRX) for first setup I did not use ESB (Enhanced ShockBurst) and MultiCeiver modules.

If we look at page 21, 22, 23 what I understand that if I initialize device in power down mode fill up the TX FIFO with W_TXPAYLOAD_NOACK command as at Page 48 I should receive data on receving device where CE is high and ISR should also trigger on TX, RX devices

If we look at the registers at page 54
Is it required to set EN_RXADDR, RX_ADDR_Px while we are not using Enhanced ShockBurst and MultiCeiver. in other words can we use device without transmit and receiving address?

Datasheet at sparkfun

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I will get back to you later. I have to look at my notes and source code. In the meantime there might be others who might have an answer.

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
@MrChips its just a reminder, please if you provide some information on this. not sure if my understand is correct, looks like we can use the module without Enabling ESB mode.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
@MrChips its just a reminder, please if you provide some information on this. not sure if my understand is correct, looks like we can use the module without Enabling ESB mode.
It has been a few years ago when I did this. According to my code, I am using Enhanced ShockBurst and MultiCeiver. My understanding is that these are features and not options of nRF24L01+.

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
my be language used in datasheet made me feel like its an option, as on some places it say, something like "if ESB feature is enabled" etc. anyway thanks for letting me know.