Novistar professional speaker [450W] - DOUBLEBOOST 951534

grgDek

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Hello community !

I have recovered a big amplified speaker with a fuse problem. What i know it's that the owner turned up the volume to maximum and the speaker stop working. The fuse was dead, so I replaced it with the same kind of fuse (100-240V~ 1.6A 50/60Hz), when I switch on the speaker, the fuse literally exploded. So it's obvious that there is something elsewhere... I search on the internet for datasheets of the specified speaker but found nothing...
However, I opened it, and I can see that a ceramic capacitor as exploded too, and there is a burn trace in a part of pcb.
(I hope it's the right place to post that kind of problem)
REF: Novistar professional speaker - power: 450W - DOUBLEBOOST 9515334 - 100-240V~ - 160W - 50/60Hz / from France
What I am asking to you guys is :
- Why a ceramic capacitor could exploded like that ?
- Where could I find that kind of speaker datasheet (assuming that most of amplified speakers assembly looks like each others)
- What could be the value of the ceramic exploded capacitor (in order to replace it) ?
- Is there something to replace in the part where there is burn trace ?
- Is the speaker saveable ?

Much thanks !

PICTURES :
the global View :
global view

Power supply part where the cer capacitor exploded:
powerSupplyPart.jpg whereTheCapacitorExploded-blankHoles.jpg blank holes = unknow capacitor place explodedCapacitor.jpg the exploded green cap

Where there are burn traces :

partWithBurnTraces.jpg burnTraces.jpg There is burn traces between the IC and the big resistor

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The owners manual for the speaker says 500W (Whats) or 180W RMS.
The label on the back of the speaker says its AC mains power is 180W, then its speaker output power might be only 115W.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The amplifier in the speaker might have only the fuse and capacitor destroyed or it might have many transistors also destroyed. Even its speaker might be burnt out.
You troubleshoot it to find out.

grgDek

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Thanks for your reply !
In your opinion what could be the value of the exploded green capacitor ? the mark on it is unreadable ...

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
An amplifier and its power supply have many capacitors. I don't know which one exploded.
Can you download a service manual that has a schematic and parts list?

grgDek

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Thnks ! This is one of my issue, I can't find any technical manual for the amplifier. The capacitor that exploded is the green one, cut in half, on my pictures.

Chti_Jeff

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Hello community !

I have recovered a big amplified speaker with a fuse problem. What i know it's that the owner turned up the volume to maximum and the speaker stop working. The fuse was dead, so I replaced it with the same kind of fuse (100-240V~ 1.6A 50/60Hz), when I switch on the speaker, the fuse literally exploded. So it's obvious that there is something elsewhere... I search on the internet for datasheets of the specified speaker but found nothing...
However, I opened it, and I can see that a ceramic capacitor as exploded too, and there is a burn trace in a part of pcb.
REF: Novistar professional speaker - power: 450W - DOUBLEBOOST 9515334 - 100-240V~ - 160W - 50/60Hz / from France
- Where could I find that kind of speaker datasheet (assuming that most of amplified speakers assembly looks like each others)
- What could be the value of the ceramic exploded capacitor (in order to replace it) ?

Much thanks !

PICTURES :
the global View :
View attachment 219411

View attachment 219412 View attachment 219413 blank holes = unknow capacitor place View attachment 219414 the exploded green cap

View attachment 219415 View attachment 219416 There is burn traces between the IC and the big resistor
Hello community !

Much thanks !

PICTURES :
the global View :
View attachment 219411

View attachment 219412 View attachment 219413 blank holes = unknow capacitor place View attachment 219414 the exploded green cap

View attachment 219415 View attachment 219416 There is burn traces between the IC and the big resistor
Hello grgDek, don't know if you fixed your problem already, but I have a problem with this speaker, too.
Your "ceramic capacitor" is a NTC 10 ohms, referenced SCK-103
In my case, Q1 (12N62 MOSFET) is short, and thus R3 (blue resistance 0.22 Ohm) is blown, with some damage to R6 (SMD unreadable).
Seems like your case.
Did you got some schematics, or components source ?
Best regards