NordicTrack treadmill belt issue

Bunnion

Joined Jan 26, 2021
Hi all,
I recently fit a new motor control board and motor to my treadmill, it worked fine for a while , then it started to speed up and slow down in bursts of power .
When I tested from any point on the treadmill to Earth I was getting 127v.
I’ve tried disconnecting the incline motor, to motor power supply and just about everything else but just can’t seem to get it working , any help would be appreciated

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Well generally there is a belt speed monitor of some kind, in many, it is compared to the programmed rate and then the adjusted value sent down to the motor board.
What is the model of the motor board?
Max.

Bunnion

Joined Jan 26, 2021
Well generally there is a belt speed monitor of some kind, in many, it is compared to the programmed rate and then the adjusted value sent down to the motor board.
Max.
Max.
Hi Max,
it is a NORDICTRACK commercial 2450,the read switch seems to be working fine, I’ve disconnected it and the problem is still there

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So if the problem is still there with the reed? switch disconnected, then it sort of indicates it is not doing anything, even when it is present?
Max.

Bunnion

Joined Jan 26, 2021
So if the problem is still there with the reed? switch disconnected, then it sort of indicates it is not doing anything, even when it is present?
Max.
Quite possibly yes , on the treadmill I had prior to this the read switch was disconnected and it never caused any issues.
Would the emf filter cause this type of issue?.
I have literally disconnected every component on there

Bunnion

Joined Jan 26, 2021
Max.
Quite possibly yes , on the treadmill I had prior to this the read switch was disconnected and it never caused any issues.
Would the emf filter cause this type of issue?.
I have literally disconnected every component on there
Hi Max,
I’ve managed to video a clip of the said treadmill so it may make more sense, I wonder if it is a voltage issue due to the speeding up and slowing down

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What kind of voltage issue? That could be monitored.
What happens if you take the load, belt off of the motor?
That appears to be another version of the MC2100 boards, I have never had that particular model to work on.
It requires a PWM board to plug into the HD2 header to test independently of the console.
Max.

Bunnion

Joined Jan 26, 2021
What kind of voltage issue? That could be monitored.
What happens if you take the load, belt off of the motor?
That appears to be another version of the MC2100 boards, I have never had that particular model to work on.
It requires a PWM board to plug into the HD2 header to test independently of the console.
Max.
Hi Max, I’ve taken the treadmill belt off so it’s not running with any load just the motor and it’s still the same issue.
I have another circuit board the same and swapped it out and the issue is the same on both circuit boards which leads me to believe it’s something else.
I hear a slight arc somewhere near the circuit board when it starts under load, and the only other thing around there is the emi filter?... it’s the last thing I could think of trying