Non-inverting Schmitt Trigger

HappyC4mper

Joined Oct 13, 2017
If you have a schmitt trigger completely designed for inverting, how would you go about inverting that signal?

I'm under the impression you can't just swap the input voltage to the V+ op amp input as that would completely mess up the calculations.

Thanks for the help.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Are you talking about an opamp or analog comparator circuit? If so, your impression is correct. You must know the output impedance of the signal source, because that impedance will be part of the hysteresis calculations.

ak

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Maybe I misunderstood the question. I was thinking that maybe TS had a 74LS14-style hex Schmitt triggers and just needed a non-inverting output.
I'm under the impression you can't just swap the input voltage to the V+ op amp input
... from the V- opamp input.

He has an opamp configured as a comparator with hysteresis. The signal of interest is connected to the inverting input, and either a reference voltage with a buildout resistor or a 2-resistor voltage divider tied to the non-inverting input. He calls this "a schmitt trigger completely designed for inverting", and wants a non-inverting equivalent; that is, one where the output goes high when the input signal is greater than the reference.

ak

Last edited: