Non-invasive blood glucose monitor

Tama16114

Joined Sep 30, 2015
I have to do a Non invasive blood glucose monitor for the B.Sc project . But i didn't find the circuit . Can any one help me pleas ?

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not sure the lack of a circuit is the real problem. What technology could measure blood glucose and be non-invasive? I'm not aware of any contemporary means for doing this. Maybe you should answer that question first.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Translation:
I have to do a school project and Google didn't find it already designed and ready for me to copy.
Please do my B.Sc project at AllAboutCircuits so I can copy YOUR work and take credit for it.

Is this the State of our Schools, or am I just grumpy this morning?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A reply to the article linked by OBW0549:

"i am a degree student and we proposed this idea for our mini project, so if you can provide the study report or at least the schematic diagram of this design implementation, it would be very helpful."

I guess I'm just grumpy and need to learn that Googling other peoples work is an accepted path to a college degree.:(

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I guess I'm just grumpy and need to learn that Googling other peoples work is an accepted path to a college degree.:(
I guess that classifies me as grumpy too. Maybe a happier way to think is that there are competent, energetic students out there that are doing their own work and don't cry to forums because Google failed them.
Nuts, that still sounds grumpy...

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Is this the State of our Schools,
Yes.

or am I just grumpy this morning?
Yes. So am I.

I partly blame the schools from K-12 all the way on up, with their grade inflation, social promotion and self-esteemism. I also blame parents and their shrieking demands that teachers give Little Johnnie an "A" in every course even though he can't read, can't write, can't pick out the US on a world map, doesn't grasp that the Earth goes around the Sun and not vice versa, and can barely manage to count to 10 on his fingers.

But mostly, I blame what I have come to call the "Arduino Effect", wherein the so-called Maker Movement has encouraged the belief that "creativity" is paramount and trumps all else, especially the hard work of learning the fundamentals and the techniques for applying them. And so we get scads of people who have lots of grandiose ideas for projects, but not the slightest idea how to execute them- and they come in here saying, "hey i have this great idea for something i want to make with an ardweeno and some wires but i don't know anything about electronics and i'm not real sure exactly what i want to make anyway. pls give me the schematic for the circuit. oh, and the code, too. and the circuit board layout."

Yeah, I'm grumpy today, too. REAL grumpy.

[/RANT]

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I think the 'Maker Movement' is valuable if it encourages an interest in how things work and provides a low barrier to entry AND leads to some proper engineering training. I would rather see lots more interest in making things than more bankers. I agree with @OBW0549 that it can lead to too many instances where success with some playtime project is mistaken for real engineering.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I blame what I have come to call the "Arduino Effect"
Thanks. I have been looking for a way to describe a certain kind of post lately. It goes a bit like this: "I saw it therefore I can build it."
i don't know anything about electronics and i'm not real sure exactly what i want to make anyway. pls give me the schematic for the circuit. oh, and the code, too. and the circuit board layout."
Fifty years ago, I thought, "If a man can build it, I (a man) can repair it." All it took to quash that idea was supersonic plastic welding. Suddenly, I can't put it back together. Now, I can't even tell my clothes washer how long to thrash my clothes or stop my car demanding a $100 ignition key before it will start the engine, and we have people saying, "Ooh! A quadcopter/ Smartphone/ electric car! All I have to do is Google the guts and I can build one!"

So that's the Arduino Effect? o_O

Edit: I've been so busy lately that when I awoke on Tuesday, I thought it was Wednesday because I had done what felt like two days worth of work on Monday. I still have a stack of jobs and some of them won't wait, so I am absent from AAC recently.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
...and we have people saying, "Ooh! A quadcopter/ Smartphone/ electric car! All I have to do is Google the guts and I can build one!"

So that's the Arduino Effect? o_O
Ummm... yeah, sorta. The epitome of the Arduino Effect, though, would be the person who doesn't want to bother spending a few hours Googling around for what he's after so he just posts in a forum like this one asking for someone to tell him the answer-- or give him an entire design.

I agree with you on the ultrasonic plastic welding. IMO it's evil. :mad:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I have to do a Non invasive blood glucose monitor for the B.Sc project . But i didn't find the circuit . Can any one help me pleas ?
Not sure it counts as; "non invasive" but development work is already underway for a BG sensor integrated into contact lenses.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oh. Don't bother Googling the guts, just ask a Forum to Google them for you (and turn that in at school).
Wow! The world has changed!

'Scuse me. I have to go do some actual work. Blankety-blank air conditioners still want to spring a leak while the Heat Index is over 100 F, and I'm going to be using an oxy-acetylene torch before sunset. :(

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
NOTE: Trying, probably in vain, to pull the thread back to some semblance of where it probably should be.

@Tama16114 Someone already asked, but it's a key point. Is this a project that you (or your team) came up with or one that was assigned to you? Is this a course project or a capstone senior design project? Are you looking for a circuit that already does this that you can implement, or a circuit that shows how the basic concept is implemented? Have you done any basic literature search into how BG levels can be monitored non-invasively and, if so, what have you learned about whether it is possible and, if so, how difficult it is?

john hauton

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Would something along the lines of a pulse oximeter work, or failing that, probably down
to measuring sugar in urine. Good luck, because those of us who have to test our blood several times a
day will I'm sure, be grateful!
john

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Just a quick note...

I dont think we should be so quick to judge the OP posters as they often dont realize what they are asking or they dont realize we cant always understand what they are asking based on one or two short sentences. We also may not be aware of advances in the particular field, and they often dont know that they can look things up themselves or dont know how to find the stuff. Certainly mocking their question is not going to help but only push them away from the message board. That's not good for anyone as loosing another opinion means loosing an input to some other problem too perhaps. We could be pushing away the next Einstein.

It appears that there has been some advances in thinking about how to solve this kind of problem. It would be interesting to try to develop a circuit and/or sensor for this as there are a LOT of people today tha suffer from this medical problem. They have to stick their finger at least once per day just to test their blood to make sure their medicine is working and/or their diet is up to par.