noise circuit pickup

ultraboto

Joined Feb 29, 2024
Hello

I am work in lab and we have a lot of noise sources that sometimes screw with measurement.

In order to find the noise source, i want to build a circuit with an antenna to pick up the locations where the noises are more strong. I am thinking in something very simple like this:
Screenshot from 2024-02-29 19-05-32.png

Is this enough? Its just an antenna with a high pass filter ( the values, are not correct, i need to calculate something that filter low frequency that its not important to me! Of course i need also a antenna that operates in the region i want, put this i can buy.

Thanks in regards!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I encountered the same issue in a research lab many years ago.
I made a coil from magnet wire, about 10-20 turns of about 24-28 AWG wire on a 1cm diameter cardboard tube.
Then I connected the coil to the input of a portable oscilloscope and went hunting.

I found the problem to be an errant computer with a bad power supply. I asked the owner to replace the computer and the problem was resolved.

ultraboto

Joined Feb 29, 2024
I made a coil from magnet wire, about 10-20 turns of about 24-28 AWG wire on a 1cm diameter cardboard tube.
Then I connected the coil to the input of a portable oscilloscope and went hunting.

I found the problem to be an errant computer with a bad power supply. I asked the owner to replace the computer and the problem was resolved.
thank you!!

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013

What a great use for a portable scope!