No automotive help at all?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
(This post will probably ripple. I’m on a couple programming forums, Microchip forums, the PICAXE forum (causing the motivation to express my opinion here), the excellent diylightanimation forum (where folks regularly play with ‘mains’ voltages,) several other electronics forums, Ford truck forums and Chevy truck forums (where people build engines, transmissions, and wire and build entire vehicles,) a couple of dating and social sites (where some folks broadcast their resistance to falling in love ever again) and I have a couple of babbling blogs. Please, feel free to express yourself on any of ‘em, and on the forums of your choice, but muting others (or me) should never be an option. Not anymore, not since suppression of human expression has been abandoned globally!!! Well, many of us are still working for it…)

- joe
Welcome to AAC.

This is not about lawsuits, as has been suggested late in the thread. It is about safety, and having some 13 year old try some advice in a half assed manner and killing themselves or their friends.

If you read this thread you see someone mention the example of someone wanting to put foil with house current on their doorbell button. This was a real post.

Our common favorites are the ones about transformerless power supplies or LEDs connected directly to house current. We regularly get requests for both.

I'm just trying to create something that announces they will not be done here. You have read the rules and regulations about posting, haven't you? Hmmmm?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Safety is always a concern, not because the members here want to be a PITA, but they would like to see the OPs (potentially their eventual replacements) succeed.

Sometimes the dark side is interjected when I see certain projects. IEDs (improvised explosive devices) come to mind. Everyone knows the threads I'm talking about, so no need to point them out.

It's a crapshoot. Who to help; who not to help.

Like I said, the AAC banned list should be small.

Even the HHO circuits could provide entertainment; illustrating Thomas Tussers' a fool and his money are soon parted.

This site is all about circuits. I have no problems instilling a sense of safety into the OPs projects, but the focus is on the circuits.