NMSquirrels NX-01 build

NMSquirrel

Joined Jan 11, 2015
the paint job..

the fader(still have to build this)

the flasher circuit, two flash circuits in one, on/off normal, and a double blink, flash flash rest.

NMSquirrel

Joined Jan 11, 2015
The mess

a little more clarity..

the latest..
still needs adjustment for flashing rates, there is still an issue, three flasher boards I can get two at the right rate, but the third one has issues, I think its causing a current drop in the others, either bad part, or glue hasn't dried completely causing short.
and still have to tie in 'always on' leds and led tape, waiting on veraboard to make resistor strip to tie everything together, could use advice/tips/schematics for this (and no, I wont get upset if you call me on a stupid thing (ADHD), like forgetting to put a resistor on an led, I just remembered I have to put one on the blue nacelle)

(http://vid10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/christa87413/Models/NX-01 1-350 PL/progress.mp4)

NMSquirrel

Joined Jan 11, 2015
Wish List
since I have not posted 10 posts yet to qualify for the flea market, I will post here, mods feel free to move it.

Soldering iron,
looking for another one, mine is old and they don't make tips for it anymore, I know there are tons of cheap ones around, but I am looking for something better, a fine tip, cordless/rechargeable I think would be cool, but have no experience and have not heard from anyone with cordless/rechargeable experience,

PARTS!
I am just now getting back into electronics after 30 yrs of distractions (IE more focused on keeping a roof over my daughters head, than getting a job in electronics) I have some parts I ordered from mouser.com and have more stuff waiting on money (on disability, once a month I get money) would kinda like to find a 'lot' for sale to get all in one shot without having to search multiple sources, still have plans to build workbench in bedroom, instead of camping table in living room, more room to spread out, so looking to equip said workbench.

power supply.
I have a broken one I would like to fix (bk 1611), it doesn't put out the current, it would not drive the three flasher bards I have.
I have schematic, if anyone wants to help me fix it.

Wire
really don't want to deal with radio shack unless I have to (the ONLY local source for electronics in my area), looking for a 'lot' of multicolor fine gauge wire. (when I say 'lot' I mean as in e-bay a user has a 'lot' for sale, meaning a group of items in one sale)

Models
(yeah right)
anyone have any scifi models they want to get rid of cheap? (will consider models with missing parts)
looking for B5 station for my next build..

NMSquirrel

Joined Jan 11, 2015
current thinking on LED resistor strip..

I think I need to modify it, I have all my leds wired independently so it would be easier if I could just solder in all negatives on board without having to sort out which is which...(yea, sometimes easier is not always better..)
notice all the wires?

and with flasher boards..