Ninja Blending Buzzing Sound (clicking sound) From Relays

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
I have a Ninja Blender. Everytime I use the Blender and shut it off (For example: I hit the low button to start it and the low button to stop it) I hear a buzzing noise. So I took it apart. I can post videos of the noise if there is a need of it:):) I believe I found out that the buzzing noise was coming from 2 relays (HF-115F). I believe they were clicking really fast for about 2 seconds everytime I shut it off.

I will also send pictures of the control board too. I was just wanting to get this question posted:):)

Thanks in advance for all your guys help. I do appreciate it very much:):)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
What is powered by the Brown and Yellow wires, these are being switched by the relays.?

Can you measure the coil voltages ?

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
Thanks for the answers!!:)

I will try to answer them as good as possible. The Brown, Yellow and White wires go to one coil on one side of the motor. The Blue goes to a coil on the other side of the motor. The red in the middle of the board goes to the Electric Cord. The red on the side of the board by the yellow box Capacitor (Carli in the pictures below) goes to the top of the coil with the Blue wire.

The clicking sound happens on all the functions. So when I turn all functions off I hear the clicking sound for about 2 seconds.

The Brown and Yellow wires go to the MIDDLE of the 3 "switch" contacts of the relays. So on the picture above of the solder side of the board, the Brown goes to the contacts right below the wording BRN and the yellow go to the contacts right up the wording YEL. Hope that makes sense:) I will try to get voltages in a safe way because when the motor is on its like Airplane propeller:):) Please see the pictures also included below.

Thanks guys for you help:):)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Incidentally, is this something that has always been there or just appeared?
It almost sounds like some control voltage/P.S. decaying?
Max.

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
Good question MaxHeadRoom. We use this blender maybe once every month if even that. Then the last time we used it a few days ago, this just showed up out of no where. We dont think we binded it up or anything like that. We were grinding up avocados this last time, and the first time we did it, it was just there.

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
Reading up on what I could find about Voltage decay, and it looks like it could be caused by Capacitors...Could this be like capacitors drying out?

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
That yellow Capacitor looks like it could be a suppression capacitor. From what I read it kinda gets rid of noise in the circuit. Could this also be linked to Decay? I see that that capacitor is labeled Carli .1k275v X2 (MPX 40/100/56) I can only find a Carli .1k275v X2 (MPX 40/100/21) online with Ebay. I don't mind buying them I just want to make sure I am getting the correct part. The difference is 56 and 21.

Thanks again for any help provided:):)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I doubt very much if it were those that were causing your symptoms.
You could trace the source of the 12vdc supply for the relays and monitor it with a meter at switch off and tell if the decay is slow and the relay symptoms last throughout any decay.
If this is a relatively new model, it could even be a design defect!
Max.

Hey guys!
I have a Ninja blender that is doing the exact same buzzing noise once I turn it off. I am no expert on fixing it. Is this anything I should be worried about or I can still safely use my blender? Will the motor base give out soon?
Thanks in advance

sairfan1

Joined May 24, 2012
Hi were you able to fix this issue in any direction? I have same blender and having same issue.
And also can someone please advise if its motor is an AC motor, in that case i can run it directly? thanks

Last edited: