(NiCD bat device) - What TM Resistor? Polarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyElectronicsGuy

Joined Feb 5, 2016
Mod edit: snipped links and images of Transformerless PSU

Hi all,

I'm trying to build this NiCd device to fix my batteries:

But I have a couple questions (b/c the diagram is hard to see):

What is the size of the TM (TradeMark) resister, 47K. 2000k, 5000K 0r what size is it 1/4 or 1 or 2 Watt resister. Need to know. If the resister is to small or to large the NiCd Battery Reconditioning Device will not work and could burnout the resister.

Also, looking at the diagram to build the NiCad fixing Device I can not determine the polarity for the capacitors in the wiring example. The instructions stress getting the polarity correct. Could someone please let me know the correct wiring polarity?

Also the K value for the TM Resistors is not provided. Do you have a guess at what this info is?

And what K value and wattage for the TM resister do I need? Could you provide a link for this resistor as was done for the 47 K resistor?

Thank you so much. Any advice you can provide would be very helpful. If you have any specific TM or 47 resistors you recommend that'd be helpful too.

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeyElectronicsGuy

Joined Feb 5, 2016
47K and 1M resistors are used, use 1/2W ,you can do the same job with a transformer dropping it to 60v.
--> Okay, thank you. So I'll use a 47k and 1M resistor.

Do you think this will be a good 1M (1/2) W resistor: https://www.radioshack.com/products...-carbon-film-resistor-pk-5?variant=5717284613 ?

And are you able to determine the polarity for the capacitors in the wiring example?

Lastly, do you know what the K values should be for the 1M and 47K resistors?

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help very much.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of transformerless threads.

Transformerless powersupplies are not allowed over here.
See point 6 of the user agreement:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/user-agreement/

If you wish to change to using the transformer to discuss then please press report, when our mods through the discussion if we decide to reopen it then we will reopen.

Good luck.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have banned the user for 3 days, as he brought up the same circuit for the third time.
Wendy and I have warned him about this.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.