New Year Resolution 2017

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Last year I said I would like to drop some more weight and target 165lbs I accomplished it, I also wanted to cut down my drinking to once a week or less. I didn't make it.

Take another class at the Uni, I'm still undecided so I just signed up for a online Math Class.

This Year I'm half hearted about cutting down my drinking, one drink a night is my target this year, I'm still 165lbs.

Anyone have a list. I'm looking forward to another great year on AAC

kv

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Congrats on your weight loss and being able to keep it off for a year. That probably means it's permanent.

I've been trying to get to 150 lbs for years, but couldn't get much below 160. Now I'm at my "heavy" weight of 165 because I always allow myself to indulge during the holidays.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Congrats on your weight loss and being able to keep it off for a year. That probably means it's permanent.

I've been trying to get to 150 lbs for years, but couldn't get much below 160. Now I'm at my "heavy" weight of 165 because I always allow myself to indulge during the holidays.
First thing about my weight is my Cholesterol, then it's if I can work out without stressing my knee, the Meniscus is damaged in my left leg and the right is showing a looseness like it began in my left. I need more passion about working out, I haven't been able to work outside and now I can re-settup my gym now that Christmas is over. My weight may fall a bit if I do. 10 more lbs might help me but I might just turn that into muscle hopefully.

kv

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I injured my back in an auto accident about 5 years ago, so back pain limits my activities.

If I endured the pain to be more active long enough, it might reduce my pain in the long run. But the increased pain from increased activity means more meds with their side effects. I can't take the meds long enough to get over the hump because I reach a point where the drugs incapacitate me.

It's a vicious circle.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Years ago I made a resolution to stop making resolutions I couldn't keep. :) Now I try to keep my goals realistic.

Ron
I think someone else started a Resolution Thread last year but, most people have little interest in an outdated concept or idea. I feel most happy when I can challenge myself and I agree some people cannot choose something within their grasp, while others want or have the ability to pretty much reach theirs with little resistance because they're so good at it.

kv