New phone won't recognize SIM card.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Ac2OB, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Ac2OB

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    First let me confess my ignorance about cell phones. I throw myself upon the mercy of the knowledgeable and learned electronic gurus among us. I bought a brand new Blackview BV8000 Pro. It has three SIM card slots. I ordered a SIM card from USmobile and they sent me two sim cards. I put the two nano sized cards in the phone and I still get a message "No SIM card". Should there be a card in the third larger card slot? Is my phone locked (it's supposed to be unlocked)? I don't know what to think. What does the Third SIM card do anyway?

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Take the phone back to US Mobile. Pretty simple

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    One of the slots is for a micro SD card. Murphy's Law may have bit you. Find out which are the actual SIM slots. I don't know why are there 2?

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes, your phone is now a brick. Use it as a doorstop.

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    A little harsh, don't you think? :eek:

6. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I almost suggested bookend but with all the Kindles in use, who needs a bookend?

7. Ac2OB

Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks for your input folks. Much appreciated.

8. Ac2OB

Nov 2, 2017
    Update: I got help in the most unexpected way. I was initiating the return process when I was offered tech help. The tech talked me through a reset. Now the phone recognizes the SIM card.

9. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    It would have made a great conversational piece if you used it as a door stop.

10. RichardO

Late Member

May 4, 2013
    I talked to a fellow that hated the Mac computer -- especially the first, one piece, ones. His school got computers donated and he would use the Mac's for door stops.

Occasionally, someone would see the Mac holding a door open and take the Mac to him. He would tell them to take it back to where they found it because that was all it was good for.

GopherT likes this.