New Forum Software

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi folks,

As you can probably tell, the forum software has been switched from Invision Board to vBulletin. Over the next few days I'm going to be tweaking and fixing things.

Two problems that occurred during the switch was that the passwords could not be copied over, so everyone needs to reset their passwords. Also, many of the attachments did not seem to be transferred over. Hopefully I will be able to fix this.

If anyone has any suggestions, or notices any bugs, please post in this thread and I will do my best to take care of it.

Thanks!
jrap

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
jrap,

The new GUI looks very polished.

I look forward to learning how to navigate around.

Once again, thanks for your efforts at keeping the site alive despite the recent aggravation.

Regards,
hgmjr

dougp01

Joined Dec 6, 2005
I cannot update my own profile:

--------------------------------------
dougp01, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
--------------------------------------

An ideas?

-doug

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
V bulletin was the way to go. Really like the change. Any chance of us getting a new header? If you would like, I will try to throw one together. Once again, really nice work!!!

-fire

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hey Firestorm

If you can find the time to do a header, that would be terrific! I have absolutely no artistic ability, so it's best I don't attempt :)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Firestorm said:
Had a lil' free time just a second ago and came up with this. It's very basic and can be more graphical if you want it to be. You should be able to just save it as the pic already up top if you would like to use it.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6906/aaclogo10be.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8305/aaclogo24ld.jpg
The second is a lil' more cleaned up.
Any feedback on how to make it better is appreciated.

-fire
Hey Firestorm,

Really like the two headers. Personally, the second one is more the colour-scheme of this site - is there any chance you can do the background fade effect from the first image in the second? Just to see what it would be like.

Probably the best idea would be to knock up a few pictures that you're happy with and then post up a poll and let the forum members decide which header they prefer.

Anyway, really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Dave

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Firestorm said:
Dave,
Will try the bg idea. Both are really simple and can be touched up a lot. Will put out a poll later on today. Thanks.

-fire
hey fire,

hurry up, can't wait for the revised logos, i prefer the 2nd one.:)

moz

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I just upgraded the forum software to v3.6.0 (thanks Dave!)

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I just upgraded the forum software to v3.6.0 (thanks Dave!)

Please let me know if you find any problems.
Thanks Rob, the new layout is also looking good. I will update all the guides to posting in the coming days to reflect the new layyout and hope fully the new forums will put to good use. I will knock up a thread here in the feedback section to get some feedback from the membership.

Dave