New/edited blog entries - required approval pending...

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends

Please be advised that my 'acclimation' to the 'new' blog feature requires much in the way of 'trial and error' and general experimentation sans the the added aggravation of awaiting 'Mod approval' following each new entry/edit -- Then too, I expect the moderation staff likewise have more urgent duties...

Perhaps the difficulty is 'triggered' via multiple changes to an entry within a pre-defined time interval? Or is owed to the fact that my 'member statistics' erroneously show only three blog entries for my profile (subsequent to the fora software upgrade)...

Many advance thanks for your attention to this matter...

Best regards
HP

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
hi HP.
I approved the 'Blog' about one hour ago.?

E
Sincere thanks for that!:)

But then to my more general inquiry - To wit: is there a way 'around' said requirement? Please understand that 'repair' of my blog will require (litteraly) hundreds of edits and re-uploads - to say nothing of 'experiments' with the aim of 'learning the ropes' of the new blog feature...

Perhaps the 'approval latency' requirement will be automatically 'lifted' following my tenth post to my blog on the new software?

Again, thanks!

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi Bertus - thanks for your reply...

Hello,

The "Mod approval" is triggered by the IP being the same as a rejected user.

Bertus

Please explain? - Inasmuch as I am able to log-in and freely post elsewhere on this site,, my IP is [clearly] not 'rejected' in any sense I understand... Have I somehow 'rejected' myself from my own blog?:confused:

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi Bertus - thanks for your reply...

Please explain? - Inasmuch as I am able to log-in and freely post elsewhere on this site,, my IP is [clearly] not 'rejected' in any sense I understand... Have I somehow 'rejected' myself from my own blog?:confused:

Best regards
HP
Using IP addresses for things like this is very precarious since they are extremely ephemeral for most users. Unless you have a static IP address (which is very few people), the IP address that AAC sees when you access the site is associated with your ISP (in most cases), and it will change from one session to the next. As a result, the IP address you are using today might be the same one that was being used by someone else three months ago and, for whatever reason, that IP address ended up one the rejected list. Usually these are IP addresses that have an established history of causing problems, such as providers that cater to spammers.

I would imagine that this will be a transient problem that will disappear when your IP address changes to something else.