New coffee machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
One time I used clear silicone RTV. One time I used superglue. The one that did not fail was Blue Loctite. But it may possibly been the RED. That was quite a while back.
Of course, most folks have a hard time grabbing pennies glued to a quite hot surface. So the glue does not need to be super strength.
Nope, none of them will withstand more than 150 to 200 degrees F. a lot less than a hot plate on even low. When still working they used supper glue to hold parts together to wire EDM them and to get them a part just put hot water out of the coffeee pot on them to break down the glue.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Nope, none of them will withstand more than 150 to 200 degrees F. a lot less than a hot plate on even low. When still working they used supper glue to hold parts together to wire EDM them and to get them a part just put hot water out of the coffeee pot on them to break down the glue.
Whatever i was that we used, it worked quite well.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have no idea why this thread re-appeared, BUT I have a way to defeat that 40 minute timer with no modifications to the coffee maker at all. Just use one of those external electro-mechanical timers to switch off the mains power for two minutes every half hour. The 40 minute timer should reset and the pot will not cool off much in two minutes. And if that timer ever fails, the pot switches off and the world is saved.
AND, the blue Loctite survived the coffee maker hot plate temperature for the rest of my career at that company, and so it was adequate for that job. I have no idea as to the actual temperature , or how well it adhered, but the pennies never left, so it must have been adequate.

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
I realize this thread is a year and a half (or more) old. But if we're going to answer old posts - I'd say this:
This one's pretty good at keeping it hot but only for 40 mins. I hear what you're saying but I figured the very reason you buy yourself a coffee machine is so that you can have hot coffee all day. I drink about 5 mugs a day but not in 40 mins.
I figured there must be a work around the circuitry to bypass this timing circuit
Get a ONE CUP coffee maker. That way you make as many cups as you like whenever you like. Nothing to keep warm, nothing to get cold, unless you're like me and let the coffee in the mug go cold. Matter of fact, I just tossed half a cup in the rose garden.

Still, I don't expect the TS is watching this thread any longer.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I realize this thread is a year and a half (or more) old. But if we're going to answer old posts - I'd say this:

Get a ONE CUP coffee maker. That way you make as many cups as you like whenever you like. Nothing to keep warm, nothing to get cold, unless you're like me and let the coffee in the mug go cold. Matter of fact, I just tossed half a cup in the rose garden.

Still, I don't expect the TS is watching this thread any longer.
As per his cardiologist recommendation he stopped radically drinking coffee little after the OP. He drinks now "leche de soja" only, barely warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.