Negative Trigger to Positive trigger Latching Relay

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
After few days trying i made my 1st latching relay but it is negative trigger..., how i can make it to be positive trigger latching relay?
Please see attached photo.
Thanks.1F88BC17-980E-4198-800A-E8817EEDFE2E.jpeg

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Let's see if I understand what you are trying to do.

1. There is a constant source of DC.
2. When the normally-open trigger switch is closed briefly, you want the relay to energize, latch itself in the energized state, and send DC power to an alarm.
3. When the normally-closed reset switch is opened briefly, you want the relay to de-energize and turn off the alarm.

Is this correct?

ak

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
Let's see if I understand what you are trying to do.

1. There is a constant source of DC.
2. When the normally-open trigger switch is closed briefly, you want the relay to energize, latch itself in the energized state, and send DC power to an alarm.
3. When the normally-closed reset switch is opened briefly, you want the relay to de-energize and turn off the alarm.

Is this correct?

ak
I want to make latching relay and it need to be triggered by positive (High) trigger from my laser ldr alarm. The one above i made is working ok but it is triggered by negative (Low) trigger.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
What is a "laser ldr alarm"?

What do you mean by a "high trigger"? Do you mean a signal that starts out at ground, then jumps up to +12 V in the alarm condition? Is the output of the laser alarm a set of contacts that closes, of an electric signal? If it is a signal, how much current can it source? can it drive the relay directly, or does it need a current booster?

Can you post a link to the alarm? Product page, user manual, whatever ...

Where are you located?

ak

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011

What do you mean by a "high trigger"? Do you mean a signal that starts out at ground, then jumps up to +12 V in the alarm condition? Is the output of the laser alarm a set of contacts that closes, of an electric signal? If it is a signal, how much current can it source? can it drive the relay directly, or does it need a current booster?

Where are you located?
ak
The relay should be not activated when is low/ground/0 signal. The latching relay should be activated when the laser beam is breached and stayed latched even the laser get back to it's original position (off). If you can see above i made the good latching relay but it is activated with the Ground pulse and i want to be activated with the 9v- 12V pulse/trigger. The 12V power can drive the relay directly.
laser - LDR, is light activated switch which is activated with laser.
can you help me to edit the above relay so it can be triggered by energized pulse instead of the ground?

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015

Where are you located?

ak
It all begins right about here and what you see now is a continuation. :)

Ron

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
Yeah, OK so the circuit provided in your other thread was of no help right? :)

Ron
I didn’t managed to make it work so I played with the relay till I configured it and i made new circuit, the 1st one i made was good but it was ground ( - ) triggered and when swapped the plus and minus terminals and the diode the latching Relay working now as positive ( + ) triggered what is what I needed.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You need to work a little on your terminology. Triggered polarity is really not a good way to describe how a latching relay circuit in your case works. When we say positive triggered or negative triggered in this case it lends to confusion. Anyway, it works and life is good.

Ron