Needing help with unknown warning symbol, or direction.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are charts of EIA electrical symbols around, as well as the older RETMA symbols. But in addition some countries use additional symbols, for reasons they only know.
There are also architectural symbols used for wiring, and additional ones for power distribution systems design. Many of them were in the symbols library for the cad system where I was employed at one time, so it may be that you cold get a cad operator to print out the symbols library. They might even be found someplace on this site, since it has a whole lot that I have not seen yet.

And my comment about mind readers comes from finding a lot of threads with questions lacking enough details to be able to deliver a sensible answer. I use it when it is clear that there is not enough information to provide a reasonable answer.

static-jumper

Joined Dec 28, 2018
There are charts of EIA electrical symbols around, as well as the older RETMA symbols. But in addition some countries use additional symbols, for reasons they only know.
There are also architectural symbols used for wiring, and additional ones for power distribution systems design.
Thanks. I'm sure it's a mix of stuff, I'll find it eventually.

And my comment about mind readers comes from finding a lot of threads with questions lacking enough details to be able to deliver a sensible answer. I use it when it is clear that there is not enough information to provide a reasonable answer.
Cheers for being patient with me, I appreciate that lack of information can be annoying.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi there

A guy was doing some work at our building installing a power shower, and he's handmade what looks like a warning sign, in front of the isolator, like below:

https://i.ibb.co/Sv6DGfv/drawisland.png

No mooning on the wallpaper trestle.
can anyone tell me about this symbol?

does anyone recognise it? what does it mean? and is there a name for this type of electrical inner-industry short-hand?