Need to stop 4060 timer every time supply is applied

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
waiting for your reply
See Below.
I've shown the CD4060B Q4 output connected to the CD4017B CLK to shorten the simulation time only. It will actually be connected to Q14 for your build.
U1A holds the circuit in reset at power on with K1 de-energized. When the battery voltage falls below 24v, Bat_OK goes high, starts the timer. and energizes K1. If the battery voltage returns to normal, the circuit will return to its reset condition and de-energize K1. If the battery voltage remains below 24v longer than the timer duration, K1 will de-energize and the circuit will remain in this state until the battery voltage returns to normal.

1665234899952.png

1665234932962.png

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
See Below.
I've shown the CD4060B Q4 output connected to the CD4017B CLK to shorten the simulation time only. It will actually be connected to Q14 for your build.
U1A holds the circuit in reset at power on with K1 de-energized. When the battery voltage falls below 24v, Bat_OK goes high, starts the timer. and energizes K1. If the battery voltage returns to normal, the circuit will return to its reset condition and de-energize K1. If the battery voltage remains below 24v longer than the timer duration, K1 will de-energize and the circuit will remain in this state until the battery voltage returns to normal.

View attachment 277967

View attachment 277968
Thanks for this great effort. NOR is NOR gate here?

Last edited:

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
Yes. U1B (1/4 LM339) is configured as a NOR gate.
I think there is no need for NOR gate, as I have drawn all the circuit. Some addition must be added for proper running. 4060 must be latched through pin no 11 via 4017 pin 11 otherwise counter starts again and again. The sequence of the circuit is here
1. As soon as supply is applied. Counter starts counting then stops.
2. When voltage fall below 24 then the relay is closed
3. When voltage rises from 24 then counter starts again and that is OK
But here I need to add something, I want to put an led at the output of LM339 ref voltage circuit. How can I do this.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I think there is no need for NOR gate, as I have drawn all the circuit. Some addition must be added for proper running. 4060 must be latched through pin no 11 via 4017 pin 11 otherwise counter starts again and again.
The Timer is held in reset so it can't start "again and again". The timer only starts when the load is connected.
The NOR gate has nothing to do with the timer. What do you mean?

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
The Timer is held in reset so it can't start "again and again". The timer only starts when the load is connected.
The NOR gate has nothing to do with the timer. What do you mean?
Without nor gate the function is described as above and that is Ok. But 4060 starts again and again although 4017 is in same state. Also please let me know how to add output led for lm339

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
Feel free to change circuit however you wish.

See below.
LED is on when battery is normal. LED current is set for 10mA
View attachment 277996
The led always glow. Because base always has some current to power on the bc547. I did try the following two circuits to counter this but nothing worked. The first circuit reduces BAT OK to 0.7 due to transistor base and the second one does not zero out the BAT OK when output is high or low.
CamScanner 10-09-2022 14.21.jpg
The only solution I got is to duplicate the ref and mon voltages at pin 6 7 ( by jumpering) of lm339 and get led output at pin 1.

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
Feel free to change circuit however you wish.

See below.
LED is on when battery is normal. LED current is set for 10mA
View attachment 277996
The other problem, I have got with my previous was that, I have connected a wifi switch in series with other 220 volt relay which is powered by K1 NC, when I try to close the wifi switch the timer starts counting, When current passes from K1 wifi switch is off then the timer starts. Do not know why this is happening. Now in this circuit I am not facing the issue.

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
The led always glow. Because base always has some current to power on the bc547. I did try the following two circuits to counter this but nothing worked. The first circuit reduces BAT OK to 0.7 due to transistor base and the second one does not zero out the BAT OK when output is high or low.
View attachment 278032
The only solution I got is to duplicate the ref and mon voltages at pin 6 7 ( by jumpering) of lm339 and get led output at pin 1.
Do not use the ciruit in post #28. Instead, use one of the unused comparators to create an LED driver:

1665340452124.png

I used U1B for the LED driver and changed the existing U1B to U1C. That way you don't need to add transistors.

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
The other problem, I have got with my previous was that, I have connected a wifi switch in series with other 220 volt relay which is powered by K1 NC, when I try to close the wifi switch the timer starts counting, When current passes from K1 wifi switch is off then the timer starts. Do not know why this is happening. Now in this circuit I am not facing the issue.
Draw your 220v and wifi switch circuit connections and post.

Here is my current circuit with the LED driver.

1665341000375.png

1665341035706.png

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
Draw your 220v and wifi switch circuit connections and post.

Here is my current circuit with the LED driver.

View attachment 278053

View attachment 278054
CamScanner 10-10-2022 17.48.jpg
The circuit is here. First is automatic change over relay and other are simple 220 V relay and timer is there to push the change over to day timings for connecting ups with the heavy load, R1 is used for this purpose. R2 is used for switching Coil supply of Changeover to Mains or UPS. W subscript is for Mains and U for UPS. I have attached a green led with the relay and red led with Lm339 output.
When I on the switch and then off the switch. Just after pressing off the green and red both led blink for a less than a second. But that is ok because it does not trigger the timer. In the first circuit I have trigger at the output of lm339 and trigger attached to reset of timer and pressing off triggered the timer.

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
The circuit is here. First is automatic change over relay and other are simple 220 V relay and timer is there to push the change over to day timings for connecting ups with the heavy load, R1 is used for this purpose. R2 is used for switching Coil supply of Changeover to Mains or UPS. W subscript is for Mains and U for UPS. I have attached a green led with the relay and red led with Lm339 output.
Its difficult to know where the 220VAC lines are in your diagram, but Varistor suppression devices are probably needed.
What is the part number of the WiFi switch, R1 and R2?

When I on the switch and then off the switch. Just after pressing off the green and red both led blink for a less than a second. But that is ok because it does not trigger the timer. In the first circuit I have trigger at the output of lm339 and trigger attached to reset of timer and pressing off triggered the timer.
I don't know the circuit your using, only the one I posted in #32.
If your using a different circuit, you'll need to post that in detail.

Are you using an on/off switch at the 24v DC input to the LM339? or the LM2596?
If so, show the circuit wiring.

imani9009

Joined Nov 8, 2013
Its difficult to know where the 220VAC lines are in your diagram, but Varistor suppression devices are probably needed.
What is the part number of the WiFi switch, R1 and R2?
CamScanner 10-11-2022 21.44_1.jpg
Sonof basic R2 wifi switch, R1/R2 JTX 220VAC Relay.
All circuitry is 220Vac. Except LM339 Battery input. LM339 Monitor Relay JQX 15F NC and Common contacts are used.

I don't know the circuit your using, only the one I posted in #32.
If your using a different circuit, you'll need to post that in detail.

Are you using an on/off switch at the 24v DC input to the LM339? or the LM2596?
If so, show the circuit wiring.
CamScanner 10-11-2022 21.44_2.jpg
24 V is supplied direct to Lm339 circuitry, 12 volt zener supplies the timer and lm2596 supplies the relay. I have soldered all connections due to which I could not make all the circuit as you have made. But I tested all your circuit on breadboard applied that to real Inverter Battery setup. But the same situation. Now the problem is not severe but a minor flaw that red and green led after switching off the wifi ( meaning JTX relay R2 is off) blink for milli seconds. Please also mention how varistor could be used. Because it is need for dc circuitry