Need to know what module/circuit board to use to actuate a 4 way switch automatically

arnel6

Joined Jan 31, 2017
we are having this project idea, to create a device that can activate any 4 way switch automatically using a module. Module should have a memory because it needs to be able to work in different selection of electrical line connections. hope you can give me some ideas. thank you.

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
we are having this project idea, to create a device that can activate any 4 way switch automatically using a module. Module should have a memory because it needs to be able to work in different selection of electrical line connections. hope you can give me some ideas. thank you.
Can you supply what you want to do / cause to happen in greater detail, please?

arnel6

Joined Jan 31, 2017
Hi,
Digital switch. DC volt, mainly to be used in vehicle wirings. I've done some research so far, you can advise me to enhance it more or to correct me. Basically we need the input code number entered to be translated and to be actuated as an action of output, so this is what I found.
I can use the:
"Arduino Uno" Module in interpreting inputs (need some software program to match our requirement) + Keypad to be the input selector + display to see the inputs (and memory to see the previous set created on every line).
Now how to bring this input code to output (actuation), is by using a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and lastly is how this output signal can be delivered in the correct input line (this is where the 4 way logic switch comes along). but since the switch has 4 signal lines, I will only need to use 1 signal line of the switch at a time. depending on the code entered. Thank you.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I'm confused... Sure others are too..

I "think" you are saying you want to have a keypad and someone presses some combination of numbers that are also shown on a display as they are entering them.. When a certain combination has been pressed some "4 way switch" activates...
Do you just want one of 4 relays to switch when the right combination is pressed?
Do you have a datasheet or more description of whatever this 4 way switch is?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think an example or detailed description is needed. Do you want one code to (for example) unlock all four doors at the same time, or, do you want to have four different codes and each code can unlock only one of the four doors.