Need suggestion on modifying data in programmed PIC

Tajiknomi

Joined Mar 18, 2010
I am working on a project which is based on GSM+PIC based home security. The following list are the things which i should be needed suggestions on.

1) I want to design the system in such a way that i can modify/add/remove the user-numbers & Admin number via SMS so that i will not Burn the PIC every time. Should i use EEPROM for that ?
2) Whats the efficient data type in MICRO C Pro for storing the Mobile numbers list ? Characters or Int's?

Any suggestion would be helpful

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am working on a project which is based on GSM+PIC based home security. The following list are the things which i should be needed suggestions on.

1) I want to design the system in such a way that i can modify/add/remove the user-numbers & Admin number via SMS so that i will not Burn the PIC every time. Should i use EEPROM for that ?
2) Whats the efficient data type in MICRO C Pro for storing the Mobile numbers list ? Characters or Int's?

Any suggestion would be helpful
I would use eeprom. There are a number of pics with eeprom on board. Or you can use external eeprom which could be expandable. Or you could use sd memory. Strings of unsigned char would be the best way to go. To get really efficient store two digits per character or just get a pic with enough memory.