Need suggestion on a Alarm Project

avi007

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, please accept my apologies if I am not following any Forum rules.

I am just starting out in this field, I would like to create a set-up for my uncle. Idea is too create an alarm system which can be triggered by a wearable button and results in a very loud alarm around the house.
Here are the requirements of the project I am trying to build:
1. Should work across a large house with thick brick walls
2. Trigger should be wearable like a necklace or wrist band, should use minimum battery and can work 24X7X365
3. Alarm should be loud enough so that it can wake up everybody in the house or even the neighbors.
4. Should not use internet or phone line to communicate

I am building this for my uncle who is a heart patient and lives in an area where internet is not guaranteed. He lives in large old British style house which have large thick walls and plenty of rooms in the obscure corner of the house.

I have engineering background and very comfortable with programming languages but have zero electronics background apart from things I learned in my college days. I am willing to read learn and practice.

I need your help in giving me directions/ideas/help/links to get started on this project. I also looked for such a device, which fulfills all my requirements , on the internet but could not find anything which I can buy. So I decided to build it my self.

I would like to thank you in advance for your help. Please let me know if you have any comments/questions.

regards,
Avi

avi007

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Thank you for the link. Most of them are our of stock it seems people really need these type of devices. The range was low (~200ft) though. I wish some body can make loads of these and sell it for cheap price.